First dyno pulls !!!

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got off the dyno with my first Sean Roe Supercharger. After a couple of hours of tuning by air / fuel only, it laid down a best of 618 hp and 633 tq. This was on a flat 11.9 - 12.3 air / fuel reading from 2500 - 6000 rpm. This is on pump gas with a very mild timing curve... I didn't think this was too bad for a stock motor with a set of T & D rockers. With some agressive timing and 100 octane gas, I think there is a lot more on the table to get. Anyway, I was pretty happy and just wanted to share...Thanks for listening.
Later,
Joe

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe, is this the 7lb system? Those are some nice numbers. Enjoy.

OP
OP
P

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
J Dawg,
It is the 7/8 pound kit. I pulls a steady 8 psi across the power band.
Mike,
Post the pics... that would be great ! Thanks
One other thing, the numbers on the dyno are corrected on a 1.01 sae scale if anyone was curious. Thanks for the nice words and yes, the car does drive great.
Later,
Joe

racetech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great going! I'd love to see pics of the installation and any info/tweaks you went thru in the setup. Thanks!

Bob

PS: Oh boy...my 2000 RT/10 with 3400 miles on the odometer just started a little steaming/burning antifreeze smell from the exhaust. It dissipates when the engine is warm, but...looks like it may be head gasket time. Ugh...at least I have the winter to mess with it.

MKB96Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have to say that looks AWESOME!! :2tu:
I am new to the Viper arena and learning. I understand that throwing your wallet under the hood is a natural response to buying one of these monsters!! :D
She's been a blast so far so we'll see how long I can keep mine stock. :confused:

Great job with yours!! That's got to pull some tremendous numbers in the 1/4 mile. Let us know.

God Bless,
Keith

PS: Ya'll have a great Thanksgiving! :usa:

Snake Eyes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Joe,

I have the exact same setup minus the T&D's, I have them just haven't installed them yet. My best pull at a stable level was 590RW/644RW. I did make one pass at 603RWHP but it would miss every other pull and the graph wasn't as pretty. I suspect adding the roller rockers will put me right there with ya! :headbang: However I do have one small concern; take a look, unless you already have seen it. Are you getting any fine black powder in front of the motor on the Square Frame Bar? I don't get much, but I'm curious if that's normal. I want to make sure that I'm not having a belt issue.

OP
OP
P

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shelby,
I did the valve covers and the other pieces. I just scuffed the entire cover and blocked the lettering with 1500.Then I shot the entire cover in base and then blocked the lettering again. I had to hand sand the letters to remove all of the paint. Then just clear the entire cover.
Snake eyes,
I sat on the dyno trying to base everything on a air fuel reading, and the power turned out fine. I know I can get more on better gas , but this is a very safe tune. I would check your pulley and upper hose on your dust condition. I bet you are wearing through the sleeve on the hose. I have a GTS-R thermostat housing that I am going to try on the next one...it has a completely different bend. I think it will give me about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch of clearance instead of an 1/8.
Later,
Joe