4722IMG_4132-thumb.jpg

4722IMG_4131-thumb.jpg

4722IMG_4130-thumb.jpg

4722IMG_3952-thumb.jpg

4722IMG_3951-thumb.jpg

4722IMG_3950-thumb.jpg

4722IMG_3919-thumb.jpg

4722P1010071-thumb.JPG

Also, had a question about the two speakers that sit between the seats. There is a lower, larger speaker and a smaller upper speaker. The speaker enclosure for the lower speaker curves outward (convex?) whereas the upper speaker enclosure looks like it was pushed in (concave). Is this normal or was my car's peaker enclosure damaged at the factory or at the dealer? Stereo performance does not seem to be an issue but I guess I have never heard the Viper stereo system before for a comparison. Thanks for your help!

/Rich

OP
OP
R

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah, the experiment was only partial succesful. Does anyone know why the pictures are the size of stamps? The pics were taken with a regular Canon digital camera.

/Rich

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There is only ONE speaker in the center between the seats. the Lower is the Speaker, the upper is the enclosure venting.

OP
OP
R

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2002 Viper --

Thanks for the posting tip. Here goes again:

4722IMG_4132-med.jpg

4722IMG_4131-med.jpg

4722IMG_4130-med.jpg

4722IMG_3952-med.jpg

4722IMG_3951-med.jpg

4722IMG_3950-med.jpg

4722IMG_3919-med.jpg

4722P1010071-med.JPG

Final GTS --

Interesting. What purpose does the venting serve? Even if it is not a speaker, is this the proper shape for the venting enclosure or has mine been damaged at some point along the way? Thanks!

/Rich

OP
OP
R

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW -- how do I make one of these images my avatar? Did a search and the only thread I could find was one where people actually had to e-mail pictures to another member who did it for them. Is this something I can do myself?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

/Rich

Jim Z

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: First Picture Posting Experiment and Question Re: Damaged or Normal Spe

Interesting. What purpose does the venting serve?

it's a ported enclosure. Not quite a conventional ported box, but the theory's the same.

Even if it is not a speaker, is this the proper shape for the venting enclosure or has mine been damaged at some point along the way?

the way you described it in your post above sounds correct. The port opening is shaped differently from the speaker. further, it's hard plastic so it would be difficult to damage.

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW -- how do I make one of these images my avatar? Did a search and the only thread I could find was one where people actually had to e-mail pictures to another member who did it for them. Is this something I can do myself?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

/Rich

No you have to email scvipermad

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great, are those seat covers and a steering wheel cover that you put on?
How do you like the carbon fiber dash covers, quality etc., and are those the mopar units?
Thanks

RMviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congradulations on your 06 couple ! I can,t help you with the speaker issue waiting on my vca coupe to come in at the end of the month.

I am looking into a car lift what mfg did you pick ??

OP
OP
R

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the informative replies. I will e-mail Tony regarding the avatar.

ViperMD: The steering wheel is just a do-it-yourself cover from www.wheelskins.com. The colors are cobalt blue and charcoal. It is a fairly good match to the exterior color (the color of the leahter looks much lighter because of the flash and my lack of photography skills). The seat covers are from www.wetokole.com and are just a neoprene (wet suit) material that should prove resistant to sweat, weather, bird poop etc. Also easy to install and remove. Colors are black and navy blue (color no. 19). Ditto regarding the blue in photos; the flash makes it seem a lighter blue than it actually is. The carbon fiber dash is the Mopar carbon fiber hydrographic dash applique. For slightly under $400 installed by my dealer, I doubt it is real carbon fiber but I have been pleased with the look and feel of it so far.

RMViper: the lift is a revolution lift, www.revolutionlift.com, the residential branch of rotary lift. The specific model is an RFP XLT-7000 which is an extra wide/long lift designed to accomodate large SUVs, pickups, etc. I have been very happy with the quality and look of the lift. If you order one from Rotary, contact Donnie Bruther (sp?). When I mentioned I was involved with the Viper community/VCA he gave me a pretty nice discount.

Thanks again for the help.

/Rich

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is what they should look like:

You must be registered for see images

Oh yeah, and GORGEOUS car and interior!!

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That color is TRULY the best one out there!

The seats however, definitely need to go to V10SpeedLuvr aka Chad who's a GA VCA Member. Check out his interior work!

That said, I wouldn't kick that car outta bed for eatin' cookies!

Enjoy!

Jay K.

OP
OP
R

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Y2K5SRT --

Thanks for the picture. My upper enclosure definitely looks different, like it was pushed in. I will contact my Viper tech about it.

/Rich

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good looking SRT in and out... :2tu:

What the sub looks like out side

and inside (upside down in the pic)

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
rcl4668
Great pictures, thanks. My guess is that the venting is to release air pressure from the passenger compartment when an air bag(s) is released. A persons ear drums could be damaged without a release. The Gen I's and II's have slots right and left of the tail lights for this purpose.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt it. The rear window is open along the entire top to vent the interior (if you wash your car do not spray water at the top of the window). The porting is for sound only.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant