First speeding ticket in 9 years, Marietta, GA???

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
got pulled over this morning for 87 in a 65 by Marietta City Police on Interstate 75, anyone know a good lawyer or know some traffic school way around things?

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotcha

You must be registered for see images attach

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
got pulled over this morning for 87 in a 65 by Marietta City Police on Interstate 75, anyone know a good lawyer or know some traffic school way around things?
What took yo so long?

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
where's your V1??? :eek:

if you bargain with the prosecutor many times you can reduce the points & just pay a fine. If you wanna knock all points (I assume 4 in this case) you can do it but its gonna cost you.

an attorney will be too expensive for this IMO.

OP
OP
S

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the input. I doubt V1 would have helped since he was hidden and snagged me with a laser from behind.

I'll call next week and try to talk to a magistrate, that's worked before. Otherwise, I'll see if I can get in touch with the prosecutor or just go to the court date and plead guilty and ask for a reduction in points.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ben, that ***** man. What always worries me when I get a speeding ticket is my insurance rates going skyhigh. In GA, if the speeding is 14mph over or less, it won't go on your driving record and therefore your rates cant increase. I would just try to negotiate your speeding down to 79 in a 65. I think the points/fine will then be based on the 14mph over amounts. Meaning less points, no insurance hikes and a smaller fine. Most of the time, the courts/cops are ok with this because they really don't care if the insurance companies get to increase your rates or not. All they care about is their town getting their money.

Hey! I made it through a thread about speeding tickets without mentioning how cops could really serve people better if they focused on the real problems instead of just writing tickets to increase city revenue.

...well crap, guess I didnt make it afterall

OP
OP
S

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, props to this guy, he was professional, courteous and he busted my ass in a timely manner. I definitely met my match this morning.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this is really your first ticket in 9 yrs, you can goto court and plead no-lo. it gets you no points (guaranteed) and possibly a reduced fine.

you can please no-lo once every 3 years in GA.

good luck, and don't worry about it. it is just a small fine.

JD

OP
OP
S

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks, I'm not so much worried about it as I am pissed that I wasn't on the lookout, I know they hide there, I was just in a hurry to get to work because I love working on Saturday so much!!!

Z06reformed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove through Georgia a couple weeks ago going to Disney from Ky.That damn state has so many work zones/SPEED TRAPS in it that I dont know how anyone keeps a license?It will be 55 then 70 then 65 then 50 and so on! I know that this has to be a money thing down there because there wasnt even a worker or equipment or anything in most of them.North Florida does it as well.I still managed to run 85 or so most of the way.

Good luck with the ticket.I hate to see the insurance companies make any more because of a silly speeding ticket.

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love it here. Speeding fines dont go on your insurance and make no difference as to what you pay no matter how many tickets you get. We also have a bigger tolerance as to what they will let you get away with before impounding your car. Basically anything under 160 kph ( 100 mph ) and you walk away with just an ugly ticket and probably a tongue lashing. Here we get penalized for accidents like it should be. If you are a wreckless driver and get into accidents you will pay big money. We are also on a discounted insurance here. Everyone pays the same to insure a car no matter what your age, but they have up to a 20% discount for a clean driving record. The longer you go without an accident the bigger the discount.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love it here. Speeding fines dont go on your insurance and make no difference as to what you pay no matter how many tickets you get. We also have a bigger tolerance as to what they will let you get away with before impounding your car. Basically anything under 160 kph ( 100 mph ) and you walk away with just an ugly ticket and probably a tongue lashing. Here we get penalized for accidents like it should be. If you are a wreckless driver and get into accidents you will pay big money. We are also on a discounted insurance here. Everyone pays the same to insure a car no matter what your age, but they have up to a 20% discount for a clean driving record. The longer you go without an accident the bigger the discount.

Where are you? If I lived there when I was a teenager I would have saved a fortune.

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, props to this guy, he was professional, courteous and he busted my ass in a timely manner. I definitely met my match this morning.

Ifn he was a good guy, he woulda wrote you for 84mph (19 over) in many states, 20 mph over is a big problemo.

Tony

BTW many years ago, I got a ticket ( still have a copy) for 110+mph. :shocked: :crazy: The state trooper pulled his revolver :eek: and made me get in the back seat of the patrol car and handed me back the summons saying "and I know you were doing way over that cause my patrol can only goes a little over 110mph"? " How come you slowed down, I never coulda caught you?"
What was I gonna say? My exit was coming up??? He was gonna tow my car and run me in..but calmed down after a bit cause I was real quiet.
Boy , if I did that today I'd be in a heap o trouble...I'd just keep going