First Test and Tune Autocross in NJ Today

bwagman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I had my first autocross in the Viper today with SCCA NJ chapter. The car is a blast! Especially having NO ABS (2000 GTS)First time out I only took out 3 cones, that's not bad considering I had my money on at least 5 cones!Ended up finishing with a respactable time considering I had never autocrossed a Viper before, and it's bone stock. Plus a Viper isn't exactly the ideal autocross car (although probably one of the most fun!) For the competitive events, I think I'm gonna stick my my Suby STi.

Now it's off to the track ;)

You must be registered for see images

Here's a few pics of my 2005 Subi in action (bone stock except for some sticky race rubber at the time of these pics Toyo RA1, this season Kumho V710)

And here's a few pics of my former beast my 2000 Roush Mustang Stage II taken 2 years ago (heavily modified)

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually, a Viper autoX's really well with a little practice... it's a harder car to drive well, especially with no nannytech.

OP
OP
B

bwagman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
actually, a Viper autoX's really well with a little practice... it's a harder car to drive well, especially with no nannytech.

Unfortunately you rarely ever see them autocross. In fact, I've recently posted a couple autocross topics, but it seems like nobody is interested as I have received no replies. I would like to think of this car as more then just a "go straight fast car". I've seen a few posts of people using them on the road course, but mostare about time slips (i.e. quarter mile). It's a big car, and not exactly on the light side. However, I would agree with you that with practice it could do well. And it would be nice to see more out there, for $40 and 8 runs it's a real no brainer.