First trip to Ennis 1/4 mile...need some pro advice.

kllymartin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm planning on running my RSI TT this weekend. I've raced my Shelby in the 1/4 mile, but never my Viper. I realize it is totally different, but are there any tips you pro's out there can give a novice. I will be running 20" Pirelli's, so I won't have the advantage of drag radials...yet. I've got the Hoosier Road Race (slick) on order to mount on my stock wheels for the next time. Any constructive advice is appreciated.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beware! If you don't have a roll cage, the times a TT Viper will do will make it a very short night for you. They won't let you run too fast without the proper safty gear.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Yes, what I did at Moroso is trip the lights, sit there for a while and then go... I was running 17-18's at 118-122, lol (Moroso is a really slow track) Then they threw me out! LOL

Besides that... the car will be much faster at the track, because it will grip like a mountain lion on tree bark. I was so used to just losing traction on 1st gear on the street, that my first run surprised the heck out of me.

And be extremely careful shifting 2-3... miss shift 2-3 and you will kill yourself on the wall. The first mod I did on mine (1 week after buying) was installing the hurst shifter (BTW, major pain in the butt to do with house tools.)

Beware! If you don't have a roll cage, the times a TT Viper will do will make it a very short night for you. They won't let you run too fast without the proper safty gear.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)