First Viper, new to the forum

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey fella's, I picked up my first Viper last weekend. I'm new to the forum, and the platform, but I've been around cars for awhile. I bought my first T/A my Senior year of HS in 04', ended with mild heads and cam, 2nd T/A in 07, bigger heads/cam, and the T/A that I just recently sold I bought in 08, built it to a 396ci with a Procharger 808RWHP. I sold that and picked up the GTS, bone stock for now. I just put the CCW's on it Friday, they weren't my first choice, but a great deal, that coupled with not being the biggest fan of the stock set and here they are.

The car is a 97 B/W GTS, 27k, completely stock. I have recently added tint (no pictures yet), the wheels, and a different head unit. I have a ProKit in the entry way that will go on this week. The car will get full exhaust, and either a Roe at 10psi or a 200+ shot before February and that will probably do it for awhile.

The car did better on the dyno than I thought. Stock with the filters on etc. it did 410RWHP and 465RWTQ.

Here are a couple of pics, I'll get new ones this weekend when it is lowered.

You must be registered for see images attach

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome! Congats on getting the car of everyone's dreams. ;)

It will look MUCH better once lowered.

Rob

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations! Your going to love being a viper owner :2tu:.

I'll start things off by stating the usual new owner stuff...

Where are you located?

You need to send a PM (Private Message) to one of the moderators/administrators (Lee00blacksilverGTS, Leslie, big-n-italian) with your VIN to get upgraded to 'viper owner'. Better yet, join the VCA and get in on all the fun...Join the VCA

OP
OP
T

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm in Edmond, Oklahoma. I'll shoot a PM to an admin fo title change, and get started on the VCA. :D.

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! Of course 97s are the best of the GenII Vipers so you made a great choice.

OK, I am a LITTLE biased.

Welcome and be careful.

Ron

OP
OP
T

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you think so far compared to your modded F-Body experience?

Out of the 3 T/A's that I've had (I never intended to have more than one, long story). The first 98 was the best all around driver. The Viper obviously way out handles them all, however the last 2 were built to go straight line so I'm not sure if its fair to compare tha handling to those cars. The overall quality of the cars exterior is quite a bit better, the interior is comparable simply because they were concieved in the same general time (first 4th gen fbod was 1993, facelift in 98).

The last black T/A was obviously quite a bit more powerful, but I went too far with it, not power wise, but the parts to handle the power and not break at the track. The Viper is substantially more fun, and it seems more raw, even though it makes almost half the power the T/A did. The goals for this car are definitely different, I don't care to go back to the track consistently and I don't want a drag setup. I'd like to make 700RWHP FI, leaving as much stuff stock as possible to retain the 'fun' factor in driving it. The absolute winners for me on the Viper are 1. Looks, 2. Forged factory motor, and 3. the weight (this is huge to me, the T/A with all its safety stuff etc. weighed 3969lbs with me in it, and I weigh 175lbs).

To put it simply Viper > Any Fbody, modded or not.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Trust, congrats on the Viper, love the wheels, those have always been my favorite:)

(I am not a 'fella' but I will say hi anyway haha)

You wrote your #1 goal was looks, but you want to make 700rwhp and try to stay stock?

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello from over here :uk:

Nice car :2tu:

I have those wheels but with black centers, I like them for the race look :)

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Trust, congrats on the Viper, love the wheels, those have always been my favorite:)

(I am not a 'fella' but I will say hi anyway haha)

You wrote your #1 goal was looks, but you want to make 700rwhp and try to stay stock?

I knew that would happen when I wrote fella's! Fail for me! When I say 700RWHP and stock, I mean much less of a race car than the T/A turned into. I'd be happy with a decently easy cold start. :D

Hello from over here :uk:

Nice car :2tu:

I have those wheels but with black centers, I like them for the race look :)

IMG]http://inlinethumb35.webshots.com/28898/2287645070097644701S500x500Q85.jpg[/IMG]

How's the mother land? I was born in Reading, Berks, moved here in 97 when I was 11. I just got back from the UK 2 weeks ago, then went on a nice tour of Italy on a whim.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Trust,
Well since you got back I reckon its been raining every day over here, still raining now :( I'm up the road and a bit further over to the east from Reading, just north east of Reigate, Jcton 8 M25. Have to say English country lanes are not the best place for a Viper and people over here now are really in a hurry and rarely give way to to let you pass :(

So how do you find living in the USA? That's got to be cool :2tu:

Have fun with your new car :2tu:

Mark
:uk:

OP
OP
T

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Trust,
Well since you got back I reckon its been raining every day over here, still raining now :( I'm up the road and a bit further over to the east from Reading, just north east of Reigate, Jcton 8 M25. Have to say English country lanes are not the best place for a Viper and people over here now are really in a hurry and rarely give way to to let you pass :(

So how do you find living in the USA? That's got to be cool :2tu:

Have fun with your new car :2tu:

Mark
:uk:

The great thing about the English roads are that they turn, most everything local to me is on grids so they are very straight, not the most fun for a well handling car or bike. I did notice a few crazy drivers when I went back, but it was actually a nice couple of days while I was there, unfortunately I didn't stay long.

I do love living stateside though, it is a great country.

OKFireChief

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Trust, Awesome car buddy! Give me a call, 620-6262 and we will hook you up with VCA info and add you to our Oklahoma Region email event list ... Congrats on owning the finest performance car ever built! Cheers, Jon :)

OP
OP
T

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trust, Awesome car buddy! Give me a call, 620-6262 and we will hook you up with VCA info and add you to our Oklahoma Region email event list ... Congrats on owning the finest performance car ever built! Cheers, Jon :)

Thank you sir! Out of curiosity, which station/location are you out of. My best friends dad is an OKC FF.

welcome!

see you at TX2k10? :D

Most definitely, it'll be my first TX2K event, and I'll def. either be on bottle or FI... and still slower than either of our T/A's, yours by a quite a bit more, lol.

Scott Mannny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome!!!!!!

We can always use another Viper in OKC.:drive:

There is going to be a joint gathering with the non offical vette club for Toys for Tots this Sunday around 4:00 pm @ Deep Fork Grill on Western & I-44.

Get in touch with Jon and he can fill you in on all of things we have planned for the upcoming year. We have a GREAT bunch of people that love to race and show off Vipers and not to forget we have the BEST Viper tech in the region.:2tu:

We hope to see you there on Sunday.

OP
OP
T

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome!!!!!!

We can always use another Viper in OKC.:drive:

There is going to be a joint gathering with the non offical vette club for Toys for Tots this Sunday around 4:00 pm @ Deep Fork Grill on Western & I-44.

Get in touch with Jon and he can fill you in on all of things we have planned for the upcoming year. We have a GREAT bunch of people that love to race and show off Vipers and not to forget we have the BEST Viper tech in the region.:2tu:

We hope to see you there on Sunday.

I might be able to, I may be going to the track Sunday with some friends to get a base line. It will probably be the first and last time this car see's the 1/4. I'll try to though, Deep Fork sounds good right now, lol.

Scott Mannny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you are going to Thunder Valley PLEASE BE CAREFULL!!! :omg:

That place is too greasy and you will go into the wall real quick!

Respect the torque and we will see you at Deep Fork Grill

Frankster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trust
Congrats on the new Viper.

I have a few reservations............

For one, you are not smart enought to own a Viper. Viper ownership conveys a certain level of intelligence, savvy, and manlyness that you don't have.

What has given you the idea that you are worthy of owning a Viper?

I do not think you have the wearwithall to own such a vehile?

What has given you the idea that you can handlle such a vehicle?

Do you think you're bullet proof?

Do you think you have the natural reflexes and mental refinement to be worthy of piloting such a vehicle?

What gives you the idea that you are not a public menace while in control of something obviously beyond your capabilities?

My guess is you're some rich bozo who has reached beyond his ability.

People like you should be driving ice-cream trucks for a living!

Regards
Frank

PS The aforementioned is the attitude you will get from many. I, for one, hope you enjoy the hell out of it!

OP
OP
T

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are going to Thunder Valley PLEASE BE CAREFULL!!! :omg:

That place is too greasy and you will go into the wall real quick!

Respect the torque and we will see you at Deep Fork Grill

Yea, that place isn't my favorite, I was usually at Tulsa. I've been to the track a few times in the T/A (never was a big 'want' for me), but it definitely gave me a respect for power:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMT0SDG_oIM[/media]

another angle:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_17MlGuODWY[/media]

Trust
Congrats on the new Viper.

I have a few reservations............

For one, you are not smart enought to own a Viper. Viper ownership conveys a certain level of intelligence, savvy, and manlyness that you don't have.

What has given you the idea that you are worthy of owning a Viper?

I do not think you have the wearwithall to own such a vehile?

What has given you the idea that you can handlle such a vehicle?

Do you think you're bullet proof?

Do you think you have the natural reflexes and mental refinement to be worthy of piloting such a vehicle?

What gives you the idea that you are not a public menace while in control of something obviously beyond your capabilities?

My guess is you're some rich bozo who has reached beyond his ability.

People like you should be driving ice-cream trucks for a living!

Regards
Frank

PS The aforementioned is the attitude you will get from many. I, for one, hope you enjoy the hell out of it!

Lol, when I started reading I was thinking 'that's a little harsh', thank man!

Last edited:

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trust, welcome to the club. As has been told at Viper Days, "Vipers do three things extremely well, accelerate, stop, and corner. They just don't like doing more than one at a time." Here's wishing you many years of safe driving.:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang