Flaming Quiet in here!

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just thought I'd say hello and add a post to the UK...
The heating kicked on for the first time this morning... It's gonna start to getting colder... :(

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few more weeks and we can put the snakes into hibernation... 5-6 months of waiting

But before that I will have a chance to head up to the Hockenheimring and to the Nürburgring - hopefully, if it doent snow first.

TOO MANY SUB-FORUMS AND NOBODY IS IN HERE :rolleyes:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well--for my .02--yep, getting cooler here as well...DAMN!!! I HATE when driving season ends...as it's all too short...yep, we'll be garaging the BEAST soon, and it'll be 5-6 months of paying for a BEAST that just sits...it needs to be out GROWLING!!!~I'm with you guys.
~juli

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In fact, I can´t complain about 2007 - a lot of driving with the snake.
Many events! And still 5-6 weeks to go. If it is not snowing. And we had snow 2 weeks ago already - but it melted away - luckily.

The best part is April 2008 - hopefully April 1st is a SUNNY and DRY day like in 2007 and the RT/10 will be rumbling again - think pink - ahmmmmm positive!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmmm...think PINK??? I am a gal, and I don't even think pink!!! Must mean something for April 1st...but what? A puzzle....haha!! I have to agree--we had good driving weather here for most of the summer...just hate for it to end. Glad you attended lots of events, we only made it to a couple, but there are a couple more coming up we hope to attend...weather permitting, of course!! To Vipering while we can!!!~~~juli

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seasonal license plate!
We can register the car for certain months like April -> October.
April 1st = 1st day driving after the winter.
Oct. 31 = last day to drive.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...so you don't insure your cars either when they are not licensed/registered as well?
That's what is meant by a 'think pink', for April? So you got one more month to go, and that's basically what we have too, though we keep the license/registration/insurance in case of GOOD days to motor out!! ~juli

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have to LOW temperatures over the winter and usually (every 2nd year or so) a lot of snow - does not make sense to have the license running all year and pay high EUROs for insurance and the so called displacement TAX - yes, you read right. We have to pay a certain amount of money for having a lot of displacement and if the emissions are high the TAX is even higher!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear ya, ViperGTS. We wouldn't pay that either. The things we learn about other countries and what they tax on vehicles! Just paying for the car while it sits all winter long feels like a sin!! So, we do try to get it out once the salt is ever gone and it's warmed up some....it happens occasionally. To driving weather RIGHT NOW while we all can! ~juli