Flatspot? Bad Tire?

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a speed trial event yesterday..... on the way home I noticed at lower speeds, this bumping feeling, felt like I had a nice sized nail in a tire..... the bumping increases in frequency with speed.... as if something is stuck to a tire.... after 60mph I don't notice it at all...

at the speed trial, I did lock up the tires for a very brief moment.... less than 1/2 second for sure..... no skidding out of control or anything....

I jacked up the car..... spuns the tires around, and looked at each tire very carefully... no nails, or anything else stuck to the tires.... did a few burnouts to clean the rears off... still getting this bumping feeling... I also checked the brake rotors for cracks.. nada

my front tires are fairly low on tread..... approaching the wear bars..... its is possible that my breif lock up flatspotted a tire? or one of the tires is just shot? any ideas?

I am planning on going to the dragstrip tomorrow night, should this bumping be a concern?

thanks!

Brooks

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brooks, the 132mph guy who flat spotted my PRR tire made the same noise. Think about this, do you want to go 120mph+ on a set of almost used up tires that may have a flat spot? Shop around for good prices. Some shops will tell you 3-5 days just to get them in stock. Then go to some remote place and do some nice big burnouts for the family album and replace them......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte