Floormats/Valentine One

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Where are the cheapest floormats for the SRT? Just looking for a set of black that fit correctly.

How does everyone wire the V1 into their car? Do you go through the rearview mirror for power?

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheap and Viper do not go hand in hand!

Why would you want the cheapest floormats for an expensive car like a Viper? I got mine for free from the dealer when I bought the car.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are the cheapest floormats for the SRT? Just looking for a set of black that fit correctly.

How does everyone wire the V1 into their car? Do you go through the rearview mirror for power?

Dig some newspapers out of you neighbors trash cans and lay them on the floor. That would be the cheapest

4030DSC02770.JPG

Black on Black, theDriverseat.com

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i ran my valentine along the top header panel, down the driver A pillar and hardiwired it under the steering column. i forgot which wire I tapped but there are numerous ones to choose from.

KEast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a set of Dodge Viper mats from my local dealership for $75. They look great in the car. Exact color match and secure. There are some nice ruberized mats I may consider, but they dont have any of the logos on them.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wired my V1 to mirror. The V1 turns on and off with ignition. Very easy to do. Less wires to run.

KEast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hiss. Where dod you place the small power box that the hardwire kit uses? Were you able to just splice in at the mirror?

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There was another post on Valentine one, may have pics, I forget. Anyways myslef and a few others have ran along the roof header down either the driver or passneger a-pillar( I opted for the passenger side,it seemed to tuck in better), then from a-pillar go behind dash and connect to cigareet/accesorry lighter by shifter. The shifter console lifts up easlily and you can acess the wire easliy then I used one of the bolts by drivers side of console up under dash to use as ground bolt, you will see two under there already being used to ground a wire.

OP
OP
N

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cheap and Viper do not go hand in hand!

Why would you want the cheapest floormats for an expensive car like a Viper? I got mine for free from the dealer when I bought the car.

Sure cheap and Viper go hand in hand, cheap goes with anything. Why would I waste my hard earned money on expensive floor mats? No one but me sees them! I have a set of floor mats from a Z06 in there currently. :laugh: I will look into the ones from Dodge.

For the V1, I used to have it wired into my mirror on my C5 via connector I bought for it. However there was no seperate box, what is this seperate box you are talking about?

KEast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my first V1 there was a box that had the hard wires in it. This box had the RJ-11 jack that matched the V1 cord.

I'll have to look at the new V1 I just got, the hardwire kit is still in the box. Perhaps they did away with the small adapter and somehow wire directly to the power cord now.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Get your floor mats from the dealer as stated above. 75 bucks.

My V-1 is plugged into the lighter. Wiring it is easy per their instructions.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KEast--Been a little while since install. I think I remember not using the black box. I called V1 and they said it was not necessary.

Wired directly with a 2 wire phone plug to the mirror and spliced. It works like a charm. Never had one problem. As mentioned above it turns off and on with ignition.

You will need dc volt meter to make sure which wire gives the voltage.

Wish I could be more helpful but I didnt take pics and forget which wires I spliced going to the plug. Again- a volt meter was a must.

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If interested, I have a brand new set of the Genuine Mopar mats that came with my 06' Coupe (they are black with the stitched logo in the center). Already had a set from my 05', so I have no use for them. PM me if interested.

Cheers,
-Justyn

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, I also have a set of the N. California club mats in Red/Black for the SRT. Since I traded my Mamba, I have no use for them, as I have Copper ones on order for my Coupe. Please PM if interested. They are as new, and used for only a month. No wait either!

OP
OP
N

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually, I also have a set of the N. California club mats in Red/Black for the SRT. Since I traded my Mamba, I have no use for them, as I have Copper ones on order for my Coupe. Please PM if interested. They are as new, and used for only a month. No wait either!

Well you didn't give me that choice! Just kidding, thanks for the quick shipping on the mats.

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also a big fan of the Valentine One...

The arrows are great...Has saved my ass numerous times....

The arrows help give you an idea of where the cop is... Instead of just slowing down....

Joe

OP
OP
N

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am partial to it only because I own it. It didn't save me on my only ticket I have gotten in over 10 years, but I don't know if any radar detector would have. I think I will try out the K40 with the laser diffsuer/jammer and see how that works.

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DO you know if you can use the k40 with the valentine one?

I have heard good things about the k40 diffuer/jammer...

Joe

OP
OP
N

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't know, as I was going to purchase the whole system. I like the idea of not having the detector on my windshield and concealed.