Fog light covers on a car that didn't come with them?

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fog light covers on a car that didn\'t come with them?

I like the look of the foglight covers that came on earlier cars than my 2000 RT. Do they simply like "push" into place, or is there more involved? Also, where can I get a decent deal on them?

Or, do they just not fit at all? Thanks.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Fog light covers on a car that didn\'t come with them?

I have wanted to add them to my 02 as well. They stopped putting them on in 98 or 99. The bumper covers used to have three slits cut out of them where the cover pops in.

So you either have to cut your fascia or have some fabricated. I have been thinking on another way to mount them.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

The last year for the covers was '98. As stated above, there are 3 small slits in the fascia for the three tabs on the cover to pop in. In addition to the clear covers there is a black foam rubber gasket for each. I think it would be an easy mod to add to a '99 and up model. I'd try PartsRack for the parts.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Funny that you are wanting to add them - I took them off of my '95 as I felt it looked cleaner and better without them. The attachment method was not very good - three slits cut in the facia that the lexan covers had to be flexed to fit into (and likewise flexed just right to get off). They collect dirt, etc.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Funny that you are wanting to add them - I took them off of my '95 as I felt it looked cleaner and better without them. The attachment method was not very good - three slits cut in the facia that the lexan covers had to be flexed to fit into (and likewise flexed just right to get off). They collect dirt, etc.
The covers are nice, helps to save the light from breakage! :2tu: Learned the hard way :(

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score

My guess is that you would need a dremel to cut the slots. the cover would be hard to cut with a knife(also sloppy).
I deleted my covers when I repainted the car and installed Gen III fog lights.