Fog light covers

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have clear covers over the foglights on my 96GTS. I didn't think they came this way. Any event, I did a search and could not find a how to on removing the fog lights(ACR style) and routing brake cooling ducts. I am trying to remove some weight and set the car up for a little track action. any thoughts? Thanks

OP
OP
B

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That someone who cut 'slots' in your fascia was the factory.

shows how much I know:omg:, the problem is they are dirty as all heck inside them. I think I may take em off & take out the fog lights all together and route a brake duct:dunno:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have clear covers over the foglights on my 96GTS. I didn't think they came this way. Any event, I did a search and could not find a how to on removing the fog lights(ACR style) and routing brake cooling ducts. I am trying to remove some weight and set the car up for a little track action. any thoughts? Thanks

They absolutuley came that way, and you are wasting your time.

Extensive on-track testing (and wind tunnel too,) has revealed that at speed, these fog-lite nacelles (holes) are an area of negative pressure (Vacuum)

So they **** as air-feed holes for brake ducts UNLESS you build up grabber-scoops (drag) Call me for everything you need on this topic, and start at Online Shopping - Home and enter Brakes or Brake Cooling in search box

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As JonB stated. Waste of time trying to route brake cooking system thru the fog light area (you are not the first to want this done). Real racers have 12 years of thought ahead of you.

Just go do some track time events, have fun.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Given the futility of filling in the facotry mounting slots (my body guy said "sure they will last for a little while") and the negative pressure mentioned above, this was my solution - paint the covers body color:

You must be registered for see images

Viper sacrilege I know. But it works for me.

OP
OP
B

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Where they removed from the ACRs to save weight?
If so is it just like the fog light is missing from inside hole?

Viper ACR Lover 02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where they removed from the ACRs to save weight?
If so is it just like the fog light is missing from inside hole?

On my 02 ACR, there is no fog light, no wiring, and no ductwork to cool the brakes. Just a piece of black body paneling to replace where the foglight was supposed to be.

OP
OP
B

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think that is what I have behind my fog lights, ok thanks.

btw...the clear sidemarkers look good!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang