For Sale: Hennessey Motorsports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on the post, it simply sounds like a 4 year old rumor that has been around here for years. I don't know what happened with the Vett crowd, but it seems that they are ready to sign up a lynch mob?

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it because he has too many bad debts that we couldn't afford to buy HMS? Sounds like from the Vette forum the same thing I have seen on this forum. Seems like an awful lot of unhappy customers? For someone with such a great reputation in the magazine covers, behind the scene seems like an awful lot of problems. John, why not an explanation? Shame to see all that you worked for get trashed like this, but there seems to be a pattern. First complaints here and now on the Vette site? Not ltlle ones, 34K is a lot of change!

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John may be the best guy in the world, but I'd think twice before
spending any of my hard earned money with HMS. If you think the
corvette forum is a lynch mob, you should see z06vett.com. OUCH!

I hope better days are ahead for John and HMS

2Charmed

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David Wilks never fails to dissappoint. First he, of all people, pokes a stick in someone's eye and then claims Viper ownership in his signature. The car listed in his signature is obviously Jason's, many of us witnessed the run quoted at the ViperVette Shootout last month. The thread goes from business rumors to personal innuendo. I had the pleasure of bumping into John the other evening at dinner, and the man was sober as a judge, I believe he may have even had water with his meal. So much for "internet rumors".

As a Senior Member of the Corvette Forum I am very sorry it was used as a platform for this thread. Facts about folks and businesses in the industry are one thing, mudslinging started by dubious sources quite another.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,
I will only speak from personal experience!!
I wanted to buy your cat back system. Not a ton of money but for me enough. I wanted that Hennessey name I have read so much about. Needed it before my car left Woodhouse. Couldn't reach a person for 2 weeks!! Only an answering machine saying you were not in.

Months went by and considered (even though I have a snake oly sub exhaust) you again posted a thread henn or belanger? and guys from all over sent me person emails warning me to run the other way from you!!!

A company with poor customer service is not a good company.
John all I can say is the names of the guys who sent me notes shocked me!!! Well respected very Viper knowledgeable guys, not just other tuners. I tell you this in hopes you can turn HMS around; lots and lots of guys are not fans!!!Again hopefully you can change that!!
best wishes
JIM

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul,
Just for the record, the car referred to in David Wilk's post belongs to Sean Ogburn. Unfortunately, my car has never been in the 10's and is a 2001, not a 1997. My best run was 11.95 that day and it was run by me, not David.
smile.gif

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered a ripper shifter from him and never received it. I know its pocket change but i'll never do business with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.