for the VIR guys

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im taking my car to VIR in a couple weeks to run it for the first time, looking to find out what a decent time would be coming from a ACRX . I had one of the ACRX "racers" ( im just a track day guy coming from a ACR into the X) tell me he does it in 1:59 I would like to set a realistic goal for myself and thought I would see what more experienced guys in an ACR on slicks might be running here.

Thanks MB

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched those ACRX's run that track. They are extremely fast. I believe they were as low as 1:56 or so there. I would say anything hovering around 2 flat to 2:05. Either way those times are MOVING around the track extremely well.

OP
OP
M

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I watched those ACRX's run that track. They are extremely fast. I believe they were as low as 1:56 or so there. I would say anything hovering around 2 flat to 2:05. Either way those times are MOVING around the track extremely well.

Thanks ..... and those guys being much more advanced Im sure I will be much slower. But at least its a great time to shoot for.

Anyone here care to let me know what your personal times are? and in what car? Thanks

MB

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The track uses multiple configurations, so you can't always use other ppl's times. The magic mark is 2 min flat on the full course for the avg club racer. You have a bit of an advantage in an X. Also, the VC guys run Michelins and they get one magic lap out of those tires, so their qualifying time (best ever was a 1:54 I believe, and it was a one lap wonder) is not realistic to shoot for unless you are familiar with the track and have a new set of Mich stickers on the car. Add a few seconds for R100s, and a couple more for R6's.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The track uses multiple configurations, so you can't always use other ppl's times. The magic mark is 2 min flat on the full course for the avg club racer. You have a bit of an advantage in an X. Also, the VC guys run Michelins and they get one magic lap out of those tires, so their qualifying time (best ever was a 1:54 I believe, and it was a one lap wonder) is not realistic to shoot for unless you are familiar with the track and have a new set of Mich stickers on the car. Add a few seconds for R100s, and a couple more for R6's.

Thanks Boxer12. I will be on the full course ... 2 min sounds fast but I guess it gives me something to shoot for. I received the car with a set of used Michelin slicks on it so was planning on running these for the first day. Im bringing a new set of Michelins as well that I was planning on running the second day after I get to know the track a little more.

Do you have experience with these slick? Would like to know how long they might last on a track like VIR and some hard running if you can help?

Thanks MB