For you GTS-R fans... (nice photo)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shot this picture of Kory Bostwick's #30 GTS-R en route to the Kansas Speedway yesterday where we drove Winston Cup cars with the Richard Petty Experience:

You must be registered for see images

We were, uh, going the speed limit of course...

Chris

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally asked by Matt M, PA:

Nice pic Chris...but isn't that a GT2?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

EXCELLENT question which I would defer back to the experts: What is the difference between a GT2 and GTS-R? Are there two different cars or just two different names? Certainly the race-bred car of LeMans fame is the "proper" GTS-R, yet the 'replica' clearly carries the GTS-R badging (see above). I have never been quite sure what to call the retail version, but would love some clarification. Thanks!

Chris

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe there are 2 models. One the racing version you can order from Dodge (GTSR), the other the commemorative model for the 97 FIA GT2 Championship and the 98 GT2 class Lemans win (GT2). Both are the same in appearance except for some badging that says GT2 somewhere.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong between the two. The GTS-R is built for racing, not street legal. The GT-2 is a replica of the GTS-R, built off an ACR platform.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang