Ford GT and the SRT/Coupe

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at Sema yesterday and got to see the Ford GT up close for the first time.
I have read a lot about this car and was glad to see it first hand.

I was impressed with it's looks and would love to have one, I still would like to see DC come out with a street coupe though!

If DC would come out with a street coupe with 550 - 600 hp it would be awesome!
Ever since seeing the Concept Coupe, that's what I've had my heart set on. With all the interest in the GT, DC would certainly capture some of those potential sales due to price, performance, and availability issues.

I still have not heard any hard facts about a street coupe although it seems feasible, but unlikely that DC will build it.

Anyway, Sema was a great show and I would recomend it for anyone who likes cars :)

2Charmed

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I could get lights, turn siginals and anything else to keep the cops away, I'd just take a comp coupe and put a d-tag on it and drive it on the streets.

DC won't do a coupe for many years, like 06-ish or 07-ish, If they ever do one. I agree the Ford GT should push DC to get a coupe out sooner!

I do have a Ford GT on order from Bill P. at Woodhouse, deposit check is in, and the contract is in my hands. Questionable if they will get enough of them to fill my order, in the required color, in the required time frame. HOPE SO!

Both are beautiful cars. If a guy had a comp coupe and a Ford GT, life would be good! :2tu:

rac156

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good? There are some of us who would consider life great if we could be so lucky as to own one Viper!

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen the Ford GT many times, and it is a nice ride. Although, the only one that makes me 'stand at attention', is the Gulf paint scheme. :headbang:

Wait a second.... I didn't think you could get this color, and then I just read this on edmunds when I was looking for a picture. Is this true?????

The car will come in several colors that include blue, red, silver, white, yellow and even the original Gulf Racing livery worn by the 1966 Le Mans winners (trademark issues might keep Ford from using "Gulf" in the sales literature).

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are two pics:

262Ford-GT-Gulf2-med.jpg

262Ford-GTgulf1-med.jpg

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't hold my breath for a comp coupe anytime soon. The Ford GT is a quailty ride though. :2tu:

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
262Ford-GT-Gulf2-med.jpg

Eeeeekkk !

Austin Powers might like this color scheme !

Who ever created this either had a sixties flashback or is flaming ***.

Phoenix SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Each to his own, Yves, but the Gulf colors take my breath away. I bet that is true of most of us who were old enough to appreciate the original cars when they first ran in anger.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does the Ford GT retail for? I to would like to see DC build a Comp Coupe for the street,the only car i would trade my SRT for.
Max

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While to GT is still 6 Mos away from deliveries, I believe it will put additional incentive on Dodge to offer us a Coupe.

Did anyone else notice the GT offers neither a spare tire, nor run flats. Strange for a street car.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the sticker price (MSRP), i think is $135,000.

Getting closer to $150,000 every day................

Everything I hear says performance will be about the same as the SRT-10. There was a piece in Automotive Industies this week spreading a few fun rumors.

1) If Chevy does the limited edition 600+ HP ZL-1, Dodge will counter with a limited edition of its own, a 600 HP lightweight.... COUPE :)

2) Ford may show a front engine, rear drive V-10 powered "Daytona Coupe" show car at the Detroit Auto show in Jan. (been there.... we call it the GTS ;) )

3) Ford might put a V-10 in the GT in 2006 (better if it performs the same as the SRT-10 which is just over half the GT's price)

4) Other neat stuff relating to the new "Golden age of HP"

viperz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picked up Automobile magazine and they are the GT at 11.9 on the quarter. I don't think the magazine did their own testing. This number must have been supplied by Ford. 0-60 is 3.8. Price is $135000 (Estimated)

but the weight is at 3500 lb. Impressive numbers. The Gallardo in the comparison weighs in at 3300 lb and quarter mile is 12.2 and 0-60 is 4.0. (Estimated) The 360 is 12.6 for the quarter and 0-60 is 4.5. Price $166.285

The GT is in white with blue stripes and it looks pretty good. Though from the back I prefer the 360. The interiorhas been updated a little from what I can tell seeing previous pictures.

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Onerareviper, I saw a nice 1/18th scale diecast of the GT with the paint scheme you like in toys-r-us today. (gulf paint scheme)
If you want me to pick one up for you let me know, I think they were either $19.99 or $29.99, and they had two left.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear in the wind that an announcement will come out of a meeting of DC execs @ the Detriot Auto Show. A limited production of a street legal ---------- -----. Let me put it this way, it has nothing to do with the Ford Car mentioned in this thread. :headbang:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets see....If Dodge were to take the body style of the Comp Coupe, and put in the engine from the Carbon...Voila...Instant classic. People would be lined up around the block to put down deposits.
Love to see the look of Ford's face when their waiting list evaporates.

OP
OP

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What was the announcement?

I was at the San Diego auto show and looked at the GT and SRT again.

There were many more people looking at the SRT than the GT.

I would still love to see an SRT Coupe!

2Charmed

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff Torrey you opened the door, so I will say what I've heard. (I promised I wouldn't spill the beans, but once someone else did I would sing!)

I too heard an announcement will be coming out next week or the week after. The Street Coupe! DC has it and will be letting it loose soon.

Bad news is, I heard it's a SRT with a hard top, not a Comp Coupe with street trim! DC blew it if that's what they produce! IMO.

As stated above in this post, I do have a contract on a Ford GT, love the lines, even if the SRT out runs it, I love the looks and want it!

I've said the only thing that would keep me from getting the Ford GT would be if DC took a Comp Coupe and added head lights, turn signals, and a horn I would walk, or run away from my Ford GT deal.

Just say NO to an SRT with a hard top!!! DC you will blow it big time if that's what you do!!!! The Comp Coupe is the sweetest design, the lines are mean, it has "THE LOOK" everyone wants. Just make it the street coupe, you and the buyers both win!! IMHO.

OP
OP

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the "Carbon" at SEMA with a factory hard top - that won't do it for me
either!

The Street Coupe is the ticket to compete with the GT and new Z06 in my opinion.

2charmed

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, I could tell by your blanks you meant comp coupe.

Oh how I hope your info is better than mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fingers Crossed for a Comp Coupe with lights and horn!!!!!!!!!! :2tu:

(also, in my above post - When I was told an SRT with hardtop, it didn't mean a removable hardtop but a fixed top with a sloped back window, like autoforms hardtop kit)

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that perhaps the D/C surprise auto show announcement may have been for the 850HP Chrysler ME412 supercar after all.

-Dean.

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that perhaps the D/C surprise auto show announcement may have been for the 850HP Chrysler ME412 supercar after all.

-Dean.

Not so sure about that yet. Let's hope that ME412 wasn't all D/C has to offer! I for one would be let down if that 412 was all they have in thier pocket.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed for a Comp Coupe with headlights and a horn!

GTzViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's all keep our fingers crossed for a Comp Coupe with headlights and a horn!

That's all I ask for! Don't even worry about a passenger seat! (No one to yell SLOW DOWN!!)
If D/C does this, the next day my H2 goes for sale as down payment!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dear 2Charmed,

You are not only clairvoyant, you hit the nail right on the head. We have a Ford Store across the street ( happens to be the 2nd Largest Ford Dealer in the country ) , and we have numerous orders for the GT.Amazingly quite a few are Viper owners, and like your suggestion,many have said if Dodge would come out with a SRTGTS they would switch orders. You keep up your thoughts and keep plugging along, I just can't believe they won't hear all of us up in Detroit. We know Wolfgang is listening after seeing that wild ME-412 come out. I talked to an English customer a month ago and he wanted to know what a Gearhead was, and his answer was that was what was called a Petrolhead in the UK. Thank the Lord that Wolfgang is both, and I loved getting my Autoweek this Friday with the ME-412 on the cover. Can you say, "Surprise, all the rest of you at the show can go home!" God ,what a coup, I am still loving it!

Send those cards and letters to Joe Houss, I gotta believe we will see a Coupe, and we can accelerate the process by incessant emails. Joe will love me by next week, ha!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456