Ford GT vs Dodge Viper - BOTSC's!

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next weeks episode of "Battle of the Supercars" is a Ford GT versus a SSG Dodge Viper! Now this should be a fun match-up - my two favorite cars! In the promo they said "a match-up of 1000hp American Supercars" - so I assume both are TT's.

Can't wait...next Thursday, 9:00 central time, Speed Channel (set your DVR's my friends!)

Jim

Last edited:

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the trailer too, can't wait to see what they're running and the types of challenges they have! Having had/have both I will not be rooting this time like I did during the Vette/Viper show!!:2tu:

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GRRRR!!!! I betcha $10.00 they don't air it on the Armed Forced Radio/Television Network.

OP
OP
J

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the trailer too, can't wait to see what they're running and the types of challenges they have! Having had/have both I will not be rooting this time like I did during the Vette/Viper show!!:2tu:

Yep yep! Should be a good show with 4 FULL challenges this time unlike the last car they pitted against the FGT. I'm pretty sure the Viper won't be coughing up pistons halfway thru the show like the Gallardo did! :lmao:

Jim

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The FGT's are pricey for a good reason and I hope they continue to maintain their value, still wish I never sold mine! As far as the Gallardo, a friend of mine bought a 2008 with 1200 miles on it and it was eating two quarts of oil every 500 miles, piece of chit!!

P.S. I wish they would do these shows with stock cars, I think the bragging rights are more legitimate that way!! And really how many FGT and Viperf owners have TT 1000hp cars?

OP
OP
J

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The FGT's are pricey for a good reason and I hope they continue to maintain their value, still wish I never sold mine! As far as the Gallardo, a friend of mine bought a 2008 with 1200 miles on it and it was eating two quarts of oil every 500 miles, piece of chit!!

P.S. I wish they would do these shows with stock cars, I think the bragging rights are more legitimate that way!! And really how many FGT and Viperf owners have TT 1000hp cars?

Agreed on all counts! Although you do see alot more FGT's getting the TT (a la Heffner) treatment lately - probably due to Ray's and others 220mph+ 1-mile runs of late (266 in Ray's case). Not that everyone's out to join the 200mph club, its more of an acknowledgement since then of how over-engineered the FGT's bottom end is built. They certainly handle the TT treatment well without affecting thier daily driving attributes - some say the only change they notice down low is a bit free'r reving...

I still agree with you on these contests though - leave them bone stock!

air time - 30 minutes and counting! ;)

Jim

OP
OP
J

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 re-do's on the "60-130" for human error's but not on the 0-100-0 with a technical failure (ABS)? Seems odd...

Jim

JackDud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was hilarious and very entertaining! A concrete comparison between two cars? Not at all, not since the time we learned they were modded. Entertaining eye-candy? hell yes!

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They should have dialed in the brake bias on the Viper before the shootout ABS or not, just saying.:eater:
It looked like rear lock up , instead of front lock up like on the non ABS cars.

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
totally biased
FGT was allowed to have another try which garnered the win
But the Viper didn't have another shot at 0-100-0 when obviously there was a tuner technical fault. ?.....

*** ?

Both episodes featuring the Viper = failure. Not happy. Paul Tracy has got some 'splainin to do :cool:

Last edited:

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
:crazy2: Man, Just watched that. How Disappointing, First, they need to get someone hwo knows how to drive a Viper. I've heard all about the older guy but come on, I think I could drive better than that.(And I know I can't drive) And having a Hennessey car to represent the Viper nation, are you kidding? Not to take anything away from the Ford,do you really think we're comparing apples to apples here? Get another Viper Tuner shop's car with the proper brake set up & some good tires & you'll see different results. :dunno:

OP
OP
J

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:crazy2: Man, Just watched that. How Disappointing, First, they need to get someone hwo knows how to drive a Viper. I've heard all about the older guy but come on, I think I could drive better than that.(And I know I can't drive) And having a Hennessey car to represent the Viper nation, are you kidding? Not to take anything away from the Ford,do you really think we're comparing apples to apples here? Get another Viper Tuner shop's car with the proper brake set up & some good tires & you'll see different results. :dunno:

Yeah, that was a bit underwhelming...

They should redo the entire show/matchup - and if they must be modded to the hilt - let them be Heffner cars! My opinion...

Jim

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hennessey probably loaned customer cars out to Battle of the Supercars without their knowledge. Imagine if the real Viper owner took that very same SSG out and tried to stop on the freeway instead of Paul Tracey trying to stop on an empty runway.:omg: There is no excuse for that kind of failure on a car that Hennessey knew would be thrashed on TV and had time to prep it in advance. I recall specifically when other tuner cars were on the show, a team from each tuner company were often there in person to tweak the vehicles during the show. Hennessey 's failure to show the same interest as the other tuners on the show will cost him.
I still am amazed how Henessey still has such a tight grip on the media and magazine spotlight after his documented history of poor customer service bordering on deliberate theft.

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like I said, bone stock cars no excuses!!! What a shame a show like that can't get it right!!:mad:

OP
OP
J

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recall specifically when other tuner cars were on the show, a team from each tuner company were often there in person to tweak the vehicles during the show. Hennessey 's failure to show the same interest as the other tuners on the show will cost him.

Excellent point and I'm surprised they produced the show with the footage they canned that day considering how lop-sided every challenge was due to a simple but significant performance/safety issue with one of the Hennessey cars. They should have demanded the car be fixed and that his crew be present during the re-shoot so to produce not only a more fair, entertaining matchup but a SAFE one to boot!

Disappointed in both Hennessey and Michelin for this very poor showing!

Jim

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte