Forgot to latch front soft top latches at VOI8, OUCH!

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never thought I would do that, but I guess it was my turn. Going about 45 mph, POP the top folds over & hits the trunk! No damage to the car, but the top is totaled!
Well I guess I finally have my viper screw up story, at least it wasn't the hard top. :(

Andy

TriJim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy --

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I unlatch the top of our Prowler when in storage, but leave a note on the driver's seat so I won't forget to relatch before the first drive.

We drove home from VOI to Fort Hood last evening without problems, but this morning the Viper would not start. It acts like the battery is weak/dead and trickle charger shows a system fault. I called Roadside Assistance, but they don't want to take the car to our Viper tech in Austin. Since I head back to Iraq on Friday, I will probably store the car as is and fix it when I return early next year. I guess I should be happy that we did not have any problems in Dallas.

Hope you can get a quick (and inexpensive) fix.

OP
OP
AJT

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob & I stopped at his trailer that was a mile from the hotel & we were going to put my top in his truck. I was going to track with an open top(with roll bar)so I unlatched the top. I decided to leave it on & forgot to latch. At about 45mph **** it folded backward & whamed the car. Luckily the top was padded enough so I got no damage to the car. Top is in 3 pieces.....Had to buy a $ 430.00 tire ( screw in tire that had 700 miles on it), helmet, new top ...VOI8 was expensive for me.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ouch reminds me of the time my t-top flow off and smahsed into a bus stop (thank god no one was there)

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me last year in Dallas at the regionals. Mine broke into 4 pieces. I walked up and down the highway for 10 minutes before I finally realized that the top was still attached to the car! (although folded backwards). Luckily no paint damage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235