*FOUND* 2013 SRT Viper Hot Wheel diecast pics! (rear end!)

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to remember that this is only a model of the car. Comparing the real deal to a plastic model... let alone a picture of it will not do the justice.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At this point SRT should just release clean images with less than a month to the unveiling. They shouldn't be too concerned about theft of the design at this late stage and the speculation is building expectations that can never be met while obviously creating some dissent in the ranks.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anybody else find it odd that whoever took these pictures only took 2 pictures? If I had it, i'd be taking every angle shot I could get under varying lighting conditions, etc.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anybody else find it odd that whoever took these pictures only took 2 pictures? If I had it, i'd be taking every angle shot I could get under varying lighting conditions, etc.
Not if you worked for SRT, you wouldn't...

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do think that for a mock up this is almost identical to what I saw in SLC . My opinion will lie in the final product . I think the Gen 4 ACR's look a lot better IMO . Even when I saw it in SLC I just thought looks like a tweaked gen 2. Which isn't a bad thing because its one of the most beautiful car designs ever made IMO . I was just hoping for something better lol . All in the details for me if I continue to hold out for the Gen 5 or just get a Gen 4 ACR 8) Either way its a win win situation . I can't wait for the release and the details

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A couple points:

I don't think any viper really will "capture the appeal and hearts" like the GenI & GenII GTS did. Simply because it was so different, so raw and still holds absolute beauty to this day. I will venture to argue it looks just as good today, if not better due to the overall look of other cars on the road.

However, that goes for many cars. Who can honestly say that the Murci REALLY looks better than the Diablo VT? Or the C6 Vs C1. Or the "Elanor" Vs "13 Shelby GT 500." Some cars just are not matched. Back to the viper, most of us here fell in love with the Gen1 and Gen2. So that feeling is just plain hard to replicate.

Judging from a freaking toy car is a bit silly to make final judgements, however it looks great. I think it looks much better than the Gen III and IV. The interior will blow all the generations away as will the power. It will be a better car in MANY regards.

I'm lucky enough to have a GenII ACR and to me it is the most beautiful and perfect car. While the new car will be a better car in almost every single way, it will not capture my heart like the GTS did to me back in 96. I'll still look in awe when I see a Gen III/IV and have a conversation or give a thumbs up just as I will with this car.

It's understandable expectations of this car are very high. But people tend to forget the imprints some vehicles have on us early on. The viper has already done that in 92 and 96 for many of us. It is hard to replace that memory when we witness and own such special vehicles. But just by judging by the toy pics and rumored performance specs, there is NOTHING wrong with this car. Looks like Dodge did very well and people will be very excited to step foot in such an amazing car. I hope whoever buys in metro detroit allows me to ride around in it because it will be way out of my league!

Jon Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off, I don't think anything will greatly devaluate the epicness that is Gen I & II Vipers.....after all, these are vipers, not vettes lol (I giggle when I see C5 vettes for like $14k). 2ndly, I would pay anything to own that hotwheels right now!! (even though in a few months time, it could be bought for $.99 :p).

Luvin the old-school GTS back... not a huge fan of the sharp angular Alfa Romeo lookin' headlights, but over all it looks nice

Last edited: