Four injured in two-car accident

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Source: http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/c...Four-injured-in-two-car-accident.html?nav=742

LOYSBURG - Four people were injured when a car and a pickup truck collided at 6:30 p.m. Friday on Route 36 between Loysburg and Northern Bedford County High School.

A Dodge Viper V10 driven by Eric L. Ritchey, 46, Woodbury, was traveling north on Route 36 at a high rate of speed when it collided with a southbound pickup truck driven by Justin M. Thomas, 28, Hopewell, Bedford state police said.

After impact the Viper came to rest in the southbound lane and the pickup came to rest in a ditch.

Ritchey was taken to Altoona Regional Trauma Center by medical helicopter. He was listed in fair condition His passenger, Brandon J. Sollenberger, 23, New Enterprise, was also taken to Altoona Regional.

Thomas and his passenger, Joey L. Haga, 35, Hopewell, were taken to UPMC Bedford Memorial Hospital.

A witness had told police that the Viper had been traveling at a high rate of speed and doing burnouts on Route 36 at the New Frontier Restaurant at about 6 p.m. The Viper also had been observed at about 6:15 p.m. on Route 36 at Hickory Bottom Road traveling at a high rate of speed and had to conduct an evasive maneuver to avoid striking a bread truck at that intersection, police said.

The investigation is continuing.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
................:rolleyes:
I used to do that crap,.....when I first got my car.

Terrorizing the back roads on a regular basis...........

.....starting a track habit somehow put a stop to that 'idiot behavior'.
Nothing on any public road can even come close to the intensity you experience at the track.

Sad that people get injured or killed, and cars get totaled before everyone figures that out.

:nono:

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score
that *****....

My mom lives in Altoona.... 36 is just a fairly normal 2 lane road.... speed limit is probably 55 for the parts I remember....