Frame paint recomendation

Slug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a few small scrapes on the frame of my gen 2 and would like to make them go away (I'm anal). I've been told gloss black rattle-can at hardware store. Anybody have success with a particular brand?
Thanks

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
A few years ago, I decided to repaint the drive train shield plate on our Gen II's. Aside from the usual two scrapes that were present on all Gen I and Gen II Vipers that I have been under, there were some extra scrapes from a midrise lift. I sanded the plates with a sander, washed and degreased them, applied Rustoleum Automotive Primer, then several coats of Rustoleum Gloss Protective Enamel. So far, they still look good!!

If you are really "picky", consider some of Eastwood's gloss, semi-gloss, or satin blacks to "match" the surrounding areas.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to know the exact color match as well, I can tell you that a rattle can is not going to be right. After my frame recall, I used the exact paint recommended in the factory recall sheet. It's basically Mopar engine enamel, and it's not the correct shade or gloss index.:evilmad: