-FROG-'s Viper GTS Paxton Supercharger project pics.

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Figured I would make a thread for pics and progress of my fuel & Paxton SC project. Thanks to my friends at ART for helping out with information, advice and direction.

You must be registered for see images

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn. Running 11.3 at 125 with a few bolt ons and then adding a paxton means were gonna see some sweet numbers soon

OP
OP
F

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, it's a cast motor so have to go with low boost on this motor. I was considering half shafts as I was laying under the car last night... Might go ahead and do that too. I expect to see some high 10's but I wouldn't be suprised if I can get a 10.5.

OP
OP
F

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol, yea Hank, Bachelor pad indeed! YOu think a wife would let parts lay around in the house like this? lol, Now there's even more stuff scattered around the house since a few weeks ago.

A few more updated pics... Been working on "test fitting" the intercooler pipes and removing the stock vacuum lines and emissions canister (front drivers side bumper area). I also like to take care of small things, like fixing damaged fins on the A/C Condensor and oil cooler. Seems small and like it may be a waist of time, but it will help maximize the air flow, especially with the large front mount that will be in front of everything when it's mounted. Taking my time to fix little things like this is kind of fun and will pay off in the end, knowing everything is done right.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
having fun are we ?...looks great so far.

what are you using for engine management ?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i hear that. i ended doing all kinds of stuff when i first did mine, thats why it took me almost 4 months....lol

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Project's looking great. I see you're using a BOV instead of a bypass. Can you tell me the differences? I'd like to use one on my Gen 3 but need some more information.
Thanks
Sal

OP
OP
F

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Project's looking great. I see you're using a BOV instead of a bypass. Can you tell me the differences? I'd like to use one on my Gen 3 but need some more information.
Thanks
Sal

Thanks. I am using a BOV because it came with the kit. I have never used either so I cannot compare. However, it's just a tool to releave pressure from the system when the throttle bodies are closed, so whatever you use, it should be used as the same function, so there really shouldn't be much of a difference other than sound I would assume.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Frog. I'm just wanting a louder sound (childish I know). Can'r wait to see some hp numbers when you're done.
Sal

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the stock paxton one is quiet, can hardly hear it at all IMO. thats why i like it.

i had a turbonetics one on there originally, its LOUD.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that was my original DLM kit install before i blew it up on the dyno, then built the engine, then broke the crank snout and finally sent it to DLM to re-do everything at least one more time

Frog, sorry to hijack.

OP
OP
F

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that was my original DLM kit install before i blew it up on the dyno, then built the engine, then broke the crank snout and finally sent it to DLM to re-do everything at least one more time

Frog, sorry to hijack.

lol, it's all good. I wish the Paxton was louder too... I heard my friend Taylor's the other day and it was nice! Not like a Vortech S-Trim on a Mustang though... the nastiest SC sound I have ever heard!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVit57q6VXQ&feature=fvst

OP
OP
F

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few updade pics. This week been working on mounting the twin oil breather catch cans and some Injector caps / spacers fitment. Andrew and the guys from "T1 Race Development" where I bought the Injector Dynamics Injectors from, came through helping me out, and sent me some other caps because I couldn't get my blue spacers to "slip in" for some reason. The other ones they sent me to try (pink or purple top caps with filters) would not work. I almost made them work, but the blues were the proper ones with the larger "inner diameter" hole for the injector spray "fan out". I have heard of folks using the pink or purple colored caps, but the blues can work with a little milling. Easy to do! Also, thanks to Chris Pharr at ART for the twin Walbro 255 Fuel Pump mounting!

Catch Cans on fender wells.

See where we romoved just a little off the end, not much is needed.

My buddy Mark was using steady hands to mill these for me. Really, you can have flaws in the milling, as long as the rubber O-Ring still seals properly.

A socket with some tape around it to hold it in place (in the inside of the cap) and a Sharpie Marker on the other end, allows to spin evenly on the drimmel, keeping it even.

Thanks to Chris Pharr at ART, for setting me up with twin Walbro 255 pumps and proper distribution out of the tank.

Last edited:

dyc1077

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what are you doing for fuel system? How much does the dual walbro setup cost?