Front Bumper low on Left Side

GTS02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After measuring the front center wheels to the wheel lip at the front hood ( both sides are 15 1/8" ( stock springs )) I have a gap between the left side front bumper and hood about 5/8" the right front is about 1/4". Can I adjust the front bumper up or down and how?

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simple, go to the side that's higher, get a mallet and WHACK, WHACK WHACK! LOL!

Sounds like you have to adjust the hood height, not the bumper. Loosen the hood latch attached to the frame on the higher side (mark position first) and adjust down. Retighten, then adjust rubber hood stop down a bit. Close hood and check alignment. Repeat as necessary. When you get it to the adjustment that makes you feel comfortable, close the hood and wiggle it up and down to feel the play. If it's too loose, bring the bump stop up a bit to get rid of the play. Caution: Always make sure your hood does not rub the headlamp housing.

OP
OP
G

GTS02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Hammer Idea sounds alot easier and I have a large varity of wieghted hammers ( I was thinking the 9 lb hammer) :bonker:

Thanks for the second idea as well. If the first idea fails I'll try the hood adjust. :2tu:

OP
OP
G

GTS02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK THE HAMMER IDEA IS MAKING A MESS! On to Plan B. Do I adjust the bolts at the hood or the two bolts at the midway support rail (sorry don't know what this part if offically called)?

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The latch bolts (The latches are the ones that catch the bars that are mounted on the bottom of the hood). The latches sit atop the frame horns. One of them is right next to the hood alarm switch.

OP
OP
G

GTS02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great, thanks I found them and it was definatly the fix to my problem. Now, how do I get rid of those hammer marks?

Thanks again for your help.

OP
OP
G

GTS02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who uses a hammer on a Viper Better have a degree in Hammeroligy. No ,I didn't really use a hammer. LOL

( But I did feel like I needed a hammer before I was enlightened on the proper technique of hood alighnment,)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cerevo