Front Caliper rebuild kits!??? Does anyone sell these!!?

vicj

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got some powerd coated brake calipers for my 97 GTS from RJ Distributing some time ago and they CLAIMED that they "rebuilt" them to new spec. 700 miles later and the front caliper blows a seal...... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I think this is BS!!! Those things should last as new ones if really rebuilt!!

The dealer says they dont sell rebuild kits for brake calipers and will have to buy NEW one!? Any truth to this?? And If there ARE rebuild kits, do they cost so much that you may as well get the NEW calipers!?

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
have you contacted RJ?

your dealer may not sell re-build kits, but ask Chuck at Tators Dodge for the correct answer.

maybe even contact Brembo since they are their calipers, im guessing they will have them
or Dave's Big Brakes

Iceman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Iceman beat me to it...

You can look here too:
Replacement Rotors, Pads, Hardware

I was having the same problem. I need to rebuild my RF caliper and really don't see the sense in paying $700 for a new one from Dodge.:rolleyes:

Update: I just called my local Dodge dealer and ran that part number. They are available via special order. My cost was less than $60 per side, which isn't bad if includes the pistons.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

vicj

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks.......... all I could remember was RJ distributing which google didnt pull up. I forgot that it was R&J.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery