Front end options (Pics)

AxlRoseViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As Far as I can tell these are the three options for the SRT 10 to date. Does anyone know of any others? My concern with the Autoform option is how it sticks out wider than the rest of the body on the front wheel well....

Cool picture of the H front end below...taken from a cooperhead with a GEN II trying to keep up :)

11246VIPPP1.jpg

93841186P10100131-med.jpg

10130100_4357-med.JPG

112469.jpg

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is a very simple splitter that I have seen, but don't know who makes it. It just bolts onto the stock set-up, anyone know this one?

You must be registered for see images

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm partial to the one Jeff is making, but you have to modify the whole car. Barring that option, I vote for the leave it the hell alone mod. Anything other than the "Leno mod"
;)

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The problem is there are many of us that would like a little more downforce at the track or at speed without having to look like a Jay Leno partial birth abortion.

Don't even get me started about the rear, there has to be some sort of option aerodynamically other than a wing you could land a B-52 on.

OP
OP
A

AxlRoseViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really don't understand the Jay Leno thread...have any of you seen the h front in person? Visually it fits the car very well...

The Splitter on the black car is ok...looks a little bit like the car has braces...and I also think it looks good on a black car and this might not translate well on Red

Seems to me that those who choose to leave their car stock think every upgrade is bad....but there is something to be said about differentiating your viper from the crowd of vipers..

I just feel like a lot of people express opinions about cars they have never seen...

Jeff's car looks great and would love to see it in person

H's cars always look amazing in GEN II and GEN III formats

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just feel like a lot of people express opinions about cars they have never seen...

Own a Viper for ten years now. Seen them all except Jeff's new car. IMHO, I like the way it came. Everything else looks like rice body kits.

OP
OP
A

AxlRoseViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ehhh the front looks like a porcshe truck....stock is definitely better than that.

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey thats ME!!!! (the black vert between the two yellow vettes.) Regretably, Im the passenger. No im not that goofy looking, I was just in awe of the car.....

The autoform front looks ridiculously wicked. However, the owner of that car told me that rock chips doubled when he put it on......

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto the lack of downforce and stability that comes with it. I have the Autoform front splitter and rear spoiler to help in that regard. I looked for well over a year before opting for the Autoform because it was not what I really wanted. But it came the closest. Jeff's design could fit the bill except for 2 things: it will not fit on a stock car and it is fiberglass.

So the answer of do nothing was no good, and the answer for all available designs was ** hum at best. So the bolt-on it is. Like it or not.

FYI anyone see that video of Torquemonster where a slight dip in the road made the rear lift and lose it? That is what I want to avoid, even if it looks poor to some.

Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will have to say Jeff's work is really good and as personal opinion, I like it more than any other choices. Jeff, look forward to your finish project and can't wait to see it. Keep up the good work!!

OP
OP
A

AxlRoseViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff...Looks great...too bad it doesnt look like that stock....

Yours Vs the Stock shoes how lacking the stock design is...same goes for the H front end.

The coupe composite looks amazing too....I for one think the coupe is better looking than the vert...but opted for the vert because Top Down driving is just so much more fun....hmmm maybe I should go for both :)

I knew someone who had two F50s...one he left the top permanently off...and the other on.....lazy great life!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the stock front end is fine. The pic above that Leff posted looks a bit weird. It is not easy to snap a real life representation of the front end with a camera. Jeffs is certainly more aggressive and by far the niced addition out there. As for me I am not big on changing out body parts and quite happy with the stock body however that is not to say there is no market for Jeffs design. If you look at most high end cars - Porsche, BMW, and Mercedes there is a designer doing high end, wide body, full body kits

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I like ALL of the aftermarket changes to the front end. They all add back the aggressive stance that I feel was missing from the front end of the SRT.

OP
OP
A

AxlRoseViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nader...I think its more of an issue with certain color cars...as its hard to see any of the lines on a black car

OP
OP
A

AxlRoseViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff quick question...if you make the fenders wider and don't alter the spacers in the wheels..how is there not a gap in the front and pack? Where the wheels arent flush with the fender, and are instead sitting inside them?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see plenty of lines on a black car. I was speaking specifically of the pic that Jeff has of the stock front end on the red car above.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine