front plate mounting bracket

Serpent 97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well,just got nailed for a ticket yesterday for not having a front plate.Does anyone here know of a vendor that sells a mounting bracket for the front plate that does not require any sort of drilling or cutting.TIA.

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use zip tabs to temporarily mount my plate on my car. I am not a fan of drilling holes in my front fascia to put a plate on. I would rather do the fix-it ticket route a few times a year, than to put an ugly plate mount on my car.

Brad

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Serpent, just bought my GTS in White Rock 2 weeks ago, it's landing on my side finally on Thursday, and have the same debate on the plate as you?

Tell me about the ticket, how much, no points I would hope? I am thinking the last thing I need is undue attention......

cycloneGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recall a thread not too long ago where someone mentioned a bracket held in place with velcro (I think). Anyone else remember this?

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Serpent,
You are from Vancouver; BC, or Washington ??
Here is one that some here in the Washington State are getting.

The contact is:

Craig Sandford
247 Magic Drive
Kelowna, BC V1V 1N2
Canada

The price is $45.00 Canadian, and check should be made out to Viper Club of America-BC Region.

Later,

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Serpent 97:
Well,just got nailed for a ticket yesterday for not having a front plate.Does anyone here know of a vendor that sells a mounting bracket for the front plate that does not require any sort of drilling or cutting.TIA.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd never put a plate on the front of my Viper! And yes I have been pulled over for it - so what. I have a friend on the police force who told me that if you do in fact get pulled over for it, you just found a cop who's tryin too hard or trying to harass you. To each his own but I think it ***** that you got a ticket for that Serpent! I think that cop could've found something more productive to do. Just my .02

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any input if the BC region front plate kit avoids drilling holes in the fascia?

Seems the factory Cdn unit that is shipped with the car needs a few holes in the front end of the car, just can't bear the thought of it, let alone doing it.........

OP
OP
S

Serpent 97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again,thanks for the replies.On a side note,I was not the driver,I let a friend drive it.keep in mind we were not speeding or making excess noise,just flowing with the rest of traffic going about 40kph.

genXgts I sent you a pm on your first post.and for your second post,I'm going to take the car to a friends shop and see if he can fabricate something for me that does not require any drilling or hacking.I'll try and keep you posted.

Ruckdr,Im from Vancouver B.C.

King GTS,you hit the nail on the head,that cop was a real ***** .He was just out to get everyone that night.Shortly after getting the ticket,We saw them go after a Cavalier,for no apparent reason.I even asked him when I get a bracket for the plate,if he would forget about the ticket.His response was something like this:ICBC gave you two plates,they should both be on the car at all times.(ICBC is pretty much B.C. residence' only choice for insurance,another government monopoly).

Talk to you all later,Mike.