Front Shock Options

Tonym6071

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Morning,
I hope everyone is well!

I just took out my 2004 White Mamba Viper from winter storage and noticed a light film of oil on my lift next to the right front wheel. The front shock is leaking. This topic must have been spoken about many times but I could not find a thread on the subject.

Question: What are the options for front shocks other than replacement with a third-party supply? Can they be rebuilt?

Appreciate the help!
Tony Marra

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
If I remember correctly the original shocks were built by Suspension Dynamics. I haven't had much luck when searching the name on Google though, so it might be much more of an OEM type company or maybe they just aren't around anymore. That being said, I think they still looked like something that could be take apart if you had the right tools, so guessing there is probably someone out there who might be able to rebuild them.

OP
OP
Tonym6071

Tonym6071

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for your quick response. Yesterday, I sent out an email to Koni USA. I received the response this morning. They no longer have a service center however they have three companies that are doing rebuilds, approximately $250/each. I asked the tech if I can purchase the kits in Canada since I have access to a large machine shop. I also requested if they had a Canadian Service center. TBD

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Cool, let us know if it works out! Always good to find some more resources to keep these cars on the road. I went the aftermarket route with mine when my rear shocks looked a little wet around the edges, but kept the stock ones in the box just in case for down the road.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, Dynamic shocks are product of Multimatic, who among other things, assembles the Ford GT. I think they headquarter somewhere in the Toronto area, north of Richmond Hill? If they can be rebuilt, there the ones to ask

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Ah, thanks for the correction! I didn't know they built individual components, that's pretty cool.

2FAST4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you were saying that Koni replied that there are 3 companies rebuilding them, did they give you the names of these companies. My 05 Mamba needs the front left one rebuilt.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The OE dampers on the Gen 3s are NOT Koni shocks. They are Dynamics. Dynamic was the OE damper on the '00-'02 ACR model. Konis on all other G1-G2.

bloose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
While I'm not sure what damper you would have installed on that particular Gen III model, I saw some discussion about Dynamics. If that's what you need rebuilt, I had my 2001 ACR Dynamics dampers rebuilt by:

Ryan Howell
Carl A. Haas Automobile Imports, Inc.
500 Tower Parkway
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
Phone 847-634-8200 X 146
Fax 847-634-8208
[email protected]

If this is what you need, I highly recommend them.

99RT10GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think the Gen 3 shocks are rebuildable. Might have to buy new or used ones if available

Bigwitz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Morning,
I hope everyone is well!

I just took out my 2004 White Mamba Viper from winter storage and noticed a light film of oil on my lift next to the right front wheel. The front shock is leaking. This topic must have been spoken about many times but I could not find a thread on the subject.

Question: What are the options for front shocks other than replacement with a third-party supply? Can they be rebuilt?

Appreciate the help!
Tony Marra
I just went ahead and replaced all 4 of mine. It was $1,400 complete set for everything and $700 labor and Prefix. HUGE dif from original. Hope this helps.

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Multimatic is in Markham, Ontario. Woodbine and hwy 7 area. That's they tech center.
The Multimatic Dynamic Suspensions is based in the UK but there is a new facility just north of Newmarket.

The made dampers for CART (can't remember if for F1 too) and are an OEM for the manufacturers, you are not going to get rebuild parts from them nor do they supply them. They will tell to contact Dodge, GM, etc.

The shocks are NOT rebuildable per Dodge so no parts are available as they are a complete replacement item.
You will need to go to the aftermarket for rebuild parts for them if they exist.

Zishan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with Silvers coilovers as well, no regrets.

Btw, there is a set of very low mileage GEN 3 shocks for sale in the sale section, I think 2000-3000 miles. No affiliation...just passing on the info.

Kermitmidthun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the Silver’s still in the box. Cannot get the Viper out of the garage due to the ice and snow here and its Toyo R888R tires.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper