Front splitters and rear wings?

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Besides headwork, I am looking into buying the autoform front splitter and low profile rear wing. Will these affect performance and if so, how much?
Also, does anybody have both on their Gen I car with pics I can see?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matt Kovac:
I am looking into buying the autoform front splitter and low profile rear wing. Will these affect performance and if so, how much? Also, does anybody have both on their Gen I car with pics I can see? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PartsRack is a distributor for AutoForm, and we have Gen-1 and Gen-2 customers w/ these and other items. We also pass on a portion of our discount to you. I can put you in touch w/ some customers for their photos.....

I remain computer illiterate as to attaching stuff . {not stoopid, just have not learned yet!]

Richard K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the GTS chin splitter from Autoform on my '97... very nice piece, looks better if you paint the lexan attachment plates to match your car's color. I also just finished rubbing out and re-mounting the PartsRack side splitters tonight. After running them for awhile in the brushed aluminum, I decided to paint them in the same blue pearlcoat as the car... I don't know how long before the first paint chip, but they looks awesome right now! Drop me a line if you want me to email a few shots... I'd post here if someone can assist. Good luck - Richard

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Richard's Photos:</FONT f>
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
Sniper

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front look of that splitter is awesome!!! Thanks for the pics. If you do have more pics of the front splitter, I would love to see them - front, side, whatever. Would also like to see it on a Gen I with the rear spoiler. Richard, do you know if the front splitter affects your e.t.?
Thanks everyone for your posts!!!

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Autoform front splitter on my GTS along with a Hennessey wing. I really like the combination and have had many positive comments - especially on the splitter. I have photos but don't know how to post them here. I can email them to you if you'd like. I'm not sure how it would look on an RT/10.
Bob

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt,

Here's a shot of a Gen1 with the front splitter. It has a wing too but I don't have a rear shot of it. I believe this is Biff's car from V-Mania.

-Matt (another one)

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess this is a really dumb question, but what is the function of the side splitters. I understand about front splitters and wings, but these on the side have me scratching my head. They look really awesome. How do they attach? thanks!

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BAKNBLK95RT:
Hey Matt have you ever had your car dynoed with your current mods on? If so what did your car do?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. Before the High flow cats and smooth tubes it put down 397RWHP. After, only 387RWHP. These two runs were made on different dynos though so probably can not be compared. The most recent RWTQ was 462 though, so it definitley moves. Sounds great too!

Matt

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nadine UK GTS:
Matt, who make the roof scoop shown in your pic of the RT please?

(I feel another Viper purchase coming on!!)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No need to buy a whole other car, although two IS better than one! Biff at V-Mania makes them as an option for his hardtop (also pictured) and I believe they can be added to a GTS.

I believe Autoform or TNT also make add-on roof scoops for the GTS.

Matt

Richard K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt P., the purpose of the side splitters is... uhmm, well they look really cool! Actually, they act as a large radiator fin that cools the side sills 100 - 200 degrees... okay, that's not true either, but after the stories about the headlight thingies I could sell that story! I believe the real purpose behind them is to smooth out the air that flows under the car at speed, and help create lower pressure. I think for our non-GTR type street cars it's more of an appearence piece which brings me back to... well they look really cool! The ones on my Blue/White GTS above are from PartsRack. Before painting them I did do some reinforcing on the sill/splitter assembly, because I was concerned about the strength at higher speeds.If you want, drop me an email, as I actually snapped a couple digitals of the underside where I did the reinforcement.