Fully Built Motor, now what?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: Fully Built Motor, now what?

If money is short just leave it like it is,as it sounds like a great runner right now. Not a big fan of Nitrous on Snakes, personally.

Best of luck in Law School.

OP
OP
I

INFURNA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well I can get a nitrous kit for 479 and would just use 200-250, the rings are also filed for nitrous as well. But I would buy a blower if i could get a good deal. Thanks, im trying to enjoy the viper now while I hjave a life because in school I wont and wont ever get to drive it.

Volltage

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you can do the S.C. aka-blower go for that or the nos but then again there is the cost thing. NOS system installed would be about $2k depending. The problem is with that you are limited to its use, is the bottle on, trunk space, and when it hit its all at once, and its like the really really ********* with a VD, you want to hit it so hard but are afraid to!

The SC is a bit more $10k installed but more reliable and practical and always ready.

The real problem is going to be traction. That is something either way you will have to address.

OP
OP
I

INFURNA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I wouldnt be paying anything for labor, my friend is a viper tech and I can get a new nitrous kit with 15lb bottle for 475

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have a Gen 3 with Forged Rods/Pistons, Ported and Polished Heads and Intake, Wideband, cam, Short shifter ect... at 8 to 5 compression. I am unsure whether I should try to get a good deal on a blower or just use nitrous for now. I dont have a whole lot of money and if I had enough money I would get a turbo kit, but im going to law school soon and money is short. Thanks

It is hard to have sympathy for someone with a viper who also just built up their motor and is complaining about $$$. Probably should have thought about that BEFORE you dumped the $$$ into the motor. :) Heck, if you didn't buy the car, you'd have money for school!

But I digress...

as for technical stuff: your 8.5:1 compression motor is ripe for a forced induction set-up. the car, N/A, will be a little bit of a dog and will probably make LESS power than fresh-off-the-lot car without forged internals. That being said, the paxton SC is an excellent choice for you. And it costs around 6-8k for the kit, and as others have indicated, 10-12k installed. An engine w/ 8.5:1 compression would respond particularly well to turbos. but that isn't a cheap option.

Look at it this way: 3 years of law school = 100k (roughly). a SC for a viper is 1/10th of that... so get loans for 110k and you'll be set!

JD

OP
OP
I

INFURNA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i didnt say I was broke, I just said I didnt have a lot of money to spend on this kind of stuff. 3 years of law school is only 100k if you go to a private school, if you go to a good public state school it is only 7k per year, and there are a bunch of tier 1s like that. Also if you get good grades after 1L they offer you full scholarships, and so on and so forth. I guess ill just go with juice for now. Im only 22 and disabled so I havent been able to work for a year but when I could I had enough, but since I cant walk without crutches im limited to what I can do for now.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i didnt say I was broke, I just said I didnt have a lot of money to spend on this kind of stuff. 3 years of law school is only 100k if you go to a private school, if you go to a good public state school it is only 7k per year, and there are a bunch of tier 1s like that. Also if you get good grades after 1L they offer you full scholarships, and so on and so forth. I guess ill just go with juice for now. Im only 22 and disabled so I havent been able to work for a year but when I could I had enough, but since I cant walk without crutches im limited to what I can do for now.

I do not mean to be critical but if you cannot walk without crutches what are you doing in a modified stick shift Viper? The two images seem inconsistent. The clutch action on your knee may be harmful to that leg. My suggestion is that you should sell the Viper and get a safe,fuel efficient automatic transmission daily driver for your law school years. I have been an adjunct Professor of law for twenty five years and I can assure you that the first year of law school will leave you little time for anything other than eating,sleeping,bodily functions, school and studying - at least if you want to do well and get that scholarship money. Good luck!

Bob

OP
OP
I

INFURNA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Its not my knee, its my tibia, I am allowed to put pressure on it but not the full body weight on it. Doctors thought I had cancer and it was a bone marrow gone wrong, and havent been able to walk without crutches for over a year. Yes I am aware of the 1L horrors, thats why I have been studying 10-12 hours a day since Jan on Contracts, Torts, Con Law, Civ Pro, Crim Law, and Property. I spent about 2000+ on books and supplements as well as practicing with many hypotheticals. I am limited to what I can do so all I do is study, Im actually reading a glannons contracs book right now. Ive also read all the hornbooks already too. No professor can play hide the ball on me lol. I see your in Miami, are you at St Thomas, FIU, or UM?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96