Future Viper

SFViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a photo of the future Viper...kinda looks like a cross between a Viper, Jaguar and BMW Z4. :rolleyes:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not the future Viper but yet another repost. Someone is laughing their butts off at Dodge over this rendering and I suspect most of the VOI 11 attendees that just saw the actual GenV mockup are laughing too.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the pictures of the cars that have been posted on this forum of the new car donot come close and were shown at the Saturday night Dinner. Folks even laughed at some of the renderings. The new car is beautiful.

Bruce

kaval

Viper Owner
Reaction score
kaval.html

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone please tell corporate to leave the logo alone? I mean if Ferrari and Porsche can have a logo that stands the test of time, then why can't we?

Ralph, please do the right thing and set the record straight. One logo. One brand. One icon.

Essentially. We've gone from sneaky pete to daffy duck to...the rest of the Warner Brothers catalog?

Thanks,

Jay K.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of emblems, you do know that the nose emblem is merely glued on with some type of double sided tape. Just peel it off and stick a new one on.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of emblems, you do know that the nose emblem is merely glued on with some type of double sided tape. Just peel it off and stick a new one on.

Yeah, tell that to the guy who just dropped a good chunk of change to go do that. I repect your opinion but it's not practical. Heritage, exclusivity, identity, power and serious torque is everything for us automotive enthusiasts,be it Viper owners, Ford GT or Ferrari owners.

One Brand. One logo. One Icon.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the new logo and I like that it's evolving.

I didn't like the new car. Feminine, beautiful - no doubt, but to me the Viper shouldn't be beautiful - it should be wicked and evil. It should look like it wants to kill and that when it drives down the road women clutch their children close and men tremble. The Viper should look like 'trouble' come to town.

Ferrari does beautiful, Jag does feline.

I spoke to Ralph about this and he said 'we're not done yet'. Good.

Of course the color they showed us was pretty tame too.

Greg

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At some point, people have to stop comparing the Viper logo to the Ferrari logo. The Viper is a product line, Ferrari is a Brand name. Not being a total Ferrari geek, but I can't recall any single Ferrari model being produced for more than a couple years. The Ford GT was produced for all of 2 years and once again not being a GT geek, I don't believe there is a specific GT badge akin to the Viper

Each Viper logo represents a significant change in the Viper lineup. I have no problem with the logo changing with each major redesign, and I actually think Fangs represents the GenIII/IV much better than Pete would have. The new logo seems to be a blend of Pete and Fangs, will be interesting to see the personality of the car.

Yeah, tell that to the guy who just dropped a good chunk of change to go do that. I repect your opinion but it's not practical. Heritage, exclusivity, identity, power and serious torque is everything for us automotive enthusiasts,be it Viper owners, Ford GT or Ferrari owners.

One Brand. One logo. One Icon.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the logo change is cool, but what do I know all Ive ever driven is Fords and Dodges!!!!!
Liked the car looked closer to what a Viper should look like compared to gen 3 or 4.IMHO

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great input, guys!

I'm just a passionate Viper enthusiast who agrees with the above. The car should scare the hell outta wimmen and children.

More importantly, it's my selfish wish for the product line to become a brand. I mean, "Why not?"

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmmm

For those who saw the Gen V initial concept. Would it be fair to say that of the 4-5 renderings seen most recently, did Valado get the closest? :D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFbEj987Ydg&feature=player_embedded[/media]

:eater:

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmmm

For those who saw the Gen V initial concept. Would it be fair to say that of the 4-5 renderings seen most recently, did Valado get the closest? :D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFbEj987Ydg&feature=player_embedded[/media]

:eater:

Is that the video of the "viper" that looks like a Chris Bangle abomination with the can-am cars front end?

That drawing was full of fail!