Ga Vca Cleans House -nopi Nationals

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PICTURES LATER. The Georgia chapter of VCA took 5 or more trophies this weekend at the National Nopi car show and competitions. Our Ga President ( Chad ) won first place in non aspirated dyno contest. Viperchick won 1st in aspirated, and also another trophy? Jack Winters won 3rd in the Show division with his famous car named "bone Stock" and my White Lightning ( 04 mamba) won 2nd place.. It was huge fun, we had a blast..:2tu:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nopi was really fun and for the 1st time in several years, the weather wasn't killer hot. It was still warm, but nothing like years past. There was 8 Vipers at Nopi, and 7 of us were parked together in the VIP concourse with the other exotics. I was really happy to see Vipers do so well in the show! Viperchick's (Melia) other trophy was for winning the NopiChic class with her 93' Roe Viper. Thats quite an accomplishment because in the NopiChic class, it was EVERY girl with ANY type of American car in the same class! Then again, like I told her, its not fair when a girl brings a supercharged Viper sitting on 19" wheels. :D As David said, she also won the dyno contest for V8+ FI class. One of the co-owners of Nopi told her "A girl can't win the dyno. How does a girl when the dyno contest?":D :D :D All in all, it was an awesome weekend of the carshow and hanging out each night afterwards at the hotel. We'll be back in 08' to clean house again :headbang:

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've been to NOPI the past seven years and this was by far the BEST ONE EVER! I had so much fun hanging out and meeting some of the other VCA members... for those of you who were unable to attend... please try and make plans to attend in '08... I promise you will have a great time!

Congrats to Chad, Mr. David and Mr. Jack (you guys rock!!!!) :headbang: Not only did these guys compete against other Vipers, they also had to compete against the Corvette's, Prowler's, and GT's and Chad had to compete with about 10 other cars to win the dyno challenge!

Can't wait until the next VCA event :2tu:

Last edited:

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait a second. I thought NOPI was for imports only. I didn't go to the one here because I thought I would have been an outcast. I guess I'll try to go next time.

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It used to be dominated by imports but over the past couple of years domestics have been working on "balancing" it out.........

I would guess that there were just as many domestics as there were imports this year :2tu:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait a second. I thought NOPI was for imports only. I didn't go to the one here because I thought I would have been an outcast. I guess I'll try to go next time.

That had been my impression as well, maybe not outright ban on domestics, but at least very import-oriented, but hey, if it's changed, that's great.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You Go, ViperChick/Melia!!!! YESSSS!!!! Awesome win and a nod to you from Chad!~ Priceless!!! Chad has always been supportive of women, and to show how classy he really is, what a nice write-up from him...kudos to you Chad. Glad to see the Vipers well-represented. ~juli

OP
OP
C

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to upload photos , why can't we just do it from our hard drive. dotphoto is not user frendly.. :dunno: :omg: Still want to plan a Viper day in Pelham

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll post some of the photos I took tonight. Plus, Jack mailed me a CD with pics he took, so I'll post them as well.

David--Try Photobucket.com. Upload them to there and then paste the UBB code here. Thats what I do.

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out what events we could do in this area to make it worth everyone's time... The closest 1/4 mile track is over an hour away :dunno:

Maybe in March we could all meet in Pelham for a cookout on Thursday night and then head to Panama City Beach, FL, for the Annual Spring Fling Car Show that weekend...:D

OP
OP
C

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
STILL TRYING

If this photo takes, understand that it is around 8 pm on Sunday, almost everyone has left for happy hour. Chad forced us to brave the hot sun, smoky tires, Many, Many, Many pretty women. (Viperchick was the best). No breakfast, lunch, nor beer.
This is the selfish photo that Jack emailed me. Enjoy :rolaugh:
You must be registered for see images

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: STILL TRYING

If this photo takes, understand that it is around 8 pm on Sunday, almost everyone has left for happy hour. Chad forced us to brave the hot sun, smoky tires, Many, Many, Many pretty women. (Viperchick was the best). No breakfast, lunch, nor beer.
This is the selfish photo that Jack emailed me. Enjoy :rolaugh:
[/quote

Definitely looks like a photo I'D post!!! LOL....I'm not good at posting photos either!!
Good Luck--Chad can help you out, I'm sure!! :cool: ~juli

OP
OP
C

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh-oh we're in trouble now, by George I think he's got it.

I was taking pictures of the cool Vipers and peeps kept getting in the way.
JACK'S Famous SRT-10 "BOWONE STOCK"

Davids Blue Coupe

LAST BUT NOT LEAST Chads Red Mack Attack "TOPTHIS"

I have no idea who these people are !!!:crazy2:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: oh-oh we're in trouble now, by George I think he's got it.

CaptainDavid--Please let Chad help you with the pictures...PM him, and I'm quite sure he'd be willing to help you out...unfortunately, I cannot offer, as my photos end up like yours!!! ~juli

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

same here, a bunch of my buddies went with their imports but I decided not to go.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, here's the pics Jack sent me. Thanks Jack, they look great!!

Viper pit pics:

You must be registered for see images attach

Look! Its a bird, its a plane, its Mr. Viperchick beside their 93' Roe SC'd Gen 1!

David Liles and his White Thunder SRT!

Those of you who like mods, look away! This car is BOWONE STOCK! And still
won a trophy! That takes skills that only the one and only, Mr. Jack has:

This Nopi Chic seems to think this is her car. Jack never corrected her.

Jack got bored with Nopi Chic #1 and got another:

The proud owners:

4 Vipers and 5 trophies!:

The Mopar Vipers:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out what events we could do in this area to make it worth everyone's time... The closest 1/4 mile track is over an hour away :dunno:

Maybe in March we could all meet in Pelham for a cookout on Thursday night and then head to Panama City Beach, FL, for the Annual Spring Fling Car Show that weekend...:D

Make sure you hook up with the AL/TN club too. A multi-club get together would be way cool :headbang: :headbang:

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went to an event in June in Alabama that the AL/TN guys had invited the GA members to... you guys would definitely be welcome to come as well.

Pelham is in Southwest Georgia (near Bainbridge/Albany/Thomasville) so it's about a 2 1/2 hour drive from here to Panama City Beach, FL.

Spring Fling is usually the 2nd weekend in March... as soon as I find out more information I'll post it.

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just checked with Vital Signs and it looks like the 12th Annual Spring Fling Car Show is going to be held March 8th & 9th

I'll talk to Chad and see if we can't put something together and get an e-mail out to everyone soon :D

OP
OP
C

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Im your Huckleberry !!!!:rolaugh:

ViperAtl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad Fritz,President of our Georgia Club, did a super job of organizing us members for this NOPI event. It is sorta like hearding cats. A great deal of credit for the success needs to go to Chad.
Jack Winter