Gas Pedal

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Went for a ride today, half way through noticed that the gas pedal fell off:omg:......don't know if I was pushing to ******* it or what..

I've got a spring and pin and of course the plastic pedal, doesn't look like anything broke, just need to put it back together. Anyone know how it goes back together??

aacrewchief

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went for a ride today, half way through noticed that the gas pedal fell off:omg:......don't know if I was pushing to ******* it or what..

I've got a spring and pin and of course the plastic pedal, doesn't look like anything broke, just need to put it back together. Anyone know how it goes back together??

Call Toyota :rolaugh:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck, the same thing happened to me and it was a royal pain in the butt to figure out how it went back together. It is a really cheap setup IMHO. It seems like the shaft is supposed to be pressed into the flat bar that it connects to but I could not get it to go in very far at all. I keep an eye on it trying to make sure it does not happen again. If it does I will have to find a little nut and bolt to replace the shaft so that the nut will keep uit from coming apart again.

Somebody need to come out with a kit for this or even better a complete replacement with a nicer pedal to go with it. I will be first in line to buy it. Jon? Anybody?

You will be sore after laying over that sill trying to F with it, that is for sure. Good luck.

If you are stuck and need a pic let me know and I will take one and send it to you via email. This is providing I even have mine back on correctly. :lmao:

OP
OP
V

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got the gas pedal fixed! The secret for me was taking out the drivers seat. I'm not a big guy, so I could basically lay down in the floor pan and get my face right down by the pedals. Only took a few minutes once I did this, though not something I'd want to be doing everyday.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somebody need to come out with a kit for this or even better a complete replacement with a nicer pedal to go with it. I will be first in line to buy it. Jon? Anybody?

+1, i'd be right behind you in line. Really want something more heal/toe friendly. Was thinking about giving JonB a call but maybe he'll see this and save us both the call...;)

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
doing a search, found this thread.

was driving barefoot and I heal/toe, felt a wire poking into my heal haha!

got outta the car and saw my gas pedal has a wire sticking out the side, coming from the back of the pedal.

any ideas/suggestions? am guessing maybe my gas pedal is coming apart!

55K miles on my car.

OP
OP
V

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine broke again, shortly after I thought I had it fixed. I went to farm and fleet and got a bolt the same diameter as a pin, and a cotter pin. I will drill a hole at the end of the bolt and use the cotter pin to keep it in place.

It should fix the problem, though I have been too busy to actually try it yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang