• Up high

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Down low

Votes: 21 77.8%

• Total voters

Proshop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok I am tired of trying to fit my boost, A/F and fuel pressure gauges in on odd places on my Gen3. I am not satisigfied with the curren available options so I am having a dual gauge pillar made of carbon fiber so you can have it gloss, matte or paint it yourself. The Input I need from you as about gauge placement. I am going to have the gauges pretty close to one another and they are going to be both high next to the top of the windshield or low right by the dash speaker. Please vote and leave your input.

Pre Thanks !

..and sorry about the pics, hopefully you get the idea.

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 87
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 76

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Check out treesnakes dash it is badass. :2tu:
MAMBA_TT_001.jpg

I would go high maybe drive around with them low...i believe it
will give you more of a blind spot than having them higher up.

OP
OP
P

Proshop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ive seen those and they are a bit too far out for me but they do look great . Plus Im in Texas so I like to be able to aim my vents.

vipergtspa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I voted for uphigh because I think if you went down low your arm would block your view of the gauges while driving.

OP
OP
P

Proshop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No, but I am having a company make mine as a prototype and they will keep the mold so you can order through them. Im not out for the $ , just a gauge solution for my Paxton car that dosent look like it was a after thought.

OP
OP
P

Proshop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok that settles it , down low they go ! I think this will better suit us and keep the gauges out of the way of our heads while trying to get in and our hand when driving like we should. Thank you to everyone who voted and slung me info. I will mock up a template tonight and send it off monday to get built. When it is finished I will take some HD pics and report on the fit and finish then pass on the suppliers info to everyone.

P.S. As some of you have expressed concern with blocking your view while driving when they are mounted down low. They will be around the height of the of a inspection and registration sticker so no worries.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Proshop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok here is the mock up with the lower rear specks defined, meaning they can not be any lower or further towards the windshield than this mock up. It will ship off Monday and be back the late following week.

Attachments

• photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
P

Proshop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks. I have read too many threads on gauge mounts and people using heat guns to mod them only to end up with something that hits their hands when turning. I hope this will be a better answer for us 3rd gen folks with boost.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. I have read too many threads on gauge mounts and people using heat guns to mod them only to end up with something that hits their hands when turning. I hope this will be a better answer for us 3rd gen folks with boost.

Thanks......:2tu:

OP
OP
P

Proshop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here are some pics of the progress the shop sent me. It wiil be a whole new piece not a wrap. This is the prototype mold and the finished piece will be made of 2x2 twill.

Attachments

• Viper A-pod 001.jpg
    Viper A-pod 001.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 33
  • Viper A-pod 002.jpg
    Viper A-pod 002.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Viper A-pod 003.jpg
    Viper A-pod 003.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Viper A-pod 004.jpg
    Viper A-pod 004.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Viper A-pod 005.jpg
    Viper A-pod 005.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
P

Proshop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Will do, I am just going to make sure it is worth recommending before I pass the info along. I hope to be getting it back this week. Stay tuned.