Gen 1 original stereo completely RCA cables?

ZEUS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't gotta chance to look behind my deck in my '94 rt, and I've been offered a deck that only outputs RCAs (no internal amp). My original deck has already been replaced with a late 90's Pioneer with no new amps in the trunk (original alpines).

Does this original setup have RCA's to just plug in behind the radio for all speakers? :dunno:
-thx in advance

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If your deck is like the one I just pulled out of my '93 last month, there are a mess of RCA cables behind the deck. In addition to the RCA cables for the pre-amp outs on the deck, there are also a set for the factory option 6-disc changer. Mine were wrapped up and unused, but still back there.

I didn't reuse the factory wiring and put in new speakers, amps and a head unit, so I can't tell you which wires run to what, but you'll find more than your share of RCA cables residing in there. Maybe someone who reused the amps/wiring can chime in and say which specifically does what? I know the right amp is for the fronts and the left is for the rears, but that's about all I know about the factory setup. Good luck!

Rheeder218

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If your deck is like the one I just pulled out of my '93 last month, there are a mess of RCA cables behind the deck. In addition to the RCA cables for the pre-amp outs on the deck, there are also a set for the factory option 6-disc changer. Mine were wrapped up and unused, but still back there.

I didn't reuse the factory wiring and put in new speakers, amps and a head unit, so I can't tell you which wires run to what, but you'll find more than your share of RCA cables residing in there. Maybe someone who reused the amps/wiring can chime in and say which specifically does what? I know the right amp is for the fronts and the left is for the rears, but that's about all I know about the factory setup. Good luck!

hey do you want to sell your factory radio? If so whats the condition and how much?

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a factory Alpine GTS head unit, and I have the stock tape deck to a 1993. To be honest, I don't know if the tape deck works. When I got the car, all of the speakers were blown, so there is no way to tell if it worked. Could have been the unit, could have been the amps, definitely was the speakers. I can send pics if you want.

I bought the GTS unit (which works) so I could have a CD player and the possibility of adding an iPod or changer. However, the stereo guys said I couldn't use it with my factory amps from a 1993, so I bought a Clarion unit and new amp instead.

I'm not nostalgic, so if you'd like either or both, send me a PM and I'll let you know what I'll get rid of 'em for. They're just sitting in my closet now so I'd be happy to let them go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang