Gen 1 Spark plug wire replacement

Red94Roadster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone please post or direct me to instructions/techniques for chnging the plug wires in my 94 RT/10. I've started to change the plugs, but cannot see an easy way to get to the wires at the distributor? I've searched the forum, but cannot find a good resource.

Thanks

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, what a pain. Why didn't the dodge boys just put the coil pack in one of the many empty spots available throughout the engine bay?

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOL, no joke. Its not that bad though. The cowl comes off fairly easy then its just getting in there and doing it.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Wow, what a pain. Why didn't the dodge boys just put the coil pack in one of the many empty spots available throughout the engine bay? "

I would rather have to take the cowl off to get to them than have a bunch of cheap plastic covers all over the engine, etc., like some fishy cars I know of.
Small price to pay to have that 'wow' factor under the hood enhanced with things like coils hidden away. My $0.02.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to do it by feel and only do one wire at a time as mentioned above. Make sure you use compressed air to blow all of the crud away from the spark plug area BEFORE you remove them and put a little anti-seize on the threads as well.

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
first thing I did to my car when I bought it. not hard, but take your time...removing the windshield cowl and heater intake box is a must

Phil Lee 94 red RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The coils are marked with the plug wire number. I had to use a mirror and a flashlight to see them. You will have scratches on yours arms by the time you get done, unless you have tiny girly arms. It did save me $125.00 by doing it myself.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62