Gen 2 Cooling issues resolved!

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Over the years I have had numerous complaints of " My Viper runs too hot". In most cases I knew this was normal predicable and part of the personality of the car. There is not a lot of airflow through the front of the vehicle and at low speeds on hot days with the AC on the temperatures can approach 240 degrees. On the track when pushed hard many Vipers overheat.

We tried bigger radiators, water wetter, slowing down the water pump, different thermostats and cycling the fan on earlier and longer. None for this really helped at low speeds, but helped a little at high speeds. Adding a duct under the car did help.
The big problem is airflow. Finally we found a fix. Adding fans to the front of the radiator made all the difference, better than the other fixes. We know have a kit that goes in-between the oil cooler and the AC and packages well. It comes with
brackets and wiring and can be set up to come on with the existing fans.

For those interested go to our website at DC Performance: Proven Performance

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Expensive, but I got to try this.
I put my order in.
The write up convinced me it may be worth a try.:eater:

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes,
The pusher fans have improved the cooling better than all other options we have tried.

Dan

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,

I am running a paxton SC with Heffner air to air intercooler on my Gen2, will this fit with the intercooler in place ??

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This fan setup goes in-between the AC condenser and the radiator. It should be well out of the way of the intercooler. The fans mount to the frame crossbar, if this is not used for the intercooler mounts then it should fit just fine.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that's cool dan

(sorry, couldn't resist)

makes too much sense, i'm thinking any other cooling mod, e.g., roe duct, already done will work better together with your pusher fan kit :dunno:

looking fwd to the feed back

p.s. thanks for still improving gen 1&2's

:drive:

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Dan - Questions about this fan setup...

Are the fans connected to eachother or are they mounted separately? If connected, how?
How do the fans mount to the frame cross bar?
What is the CFM ratings on the fans? Wondering if it's a lot or a little to gauge the effectiveness.
What needs to come out in order to install these suckers? It's pretty tight as it is, does the hood or fascia need to come off?

Thanks for your time.
Jason
Hampton Roads, VA

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes dan i like to no if the front fascia needs to come off

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The DC Performance write up is pretty convincing, however is there any actual customers that can attest the performance/cost relationship of this modification?

I am going to W/M injection soon and was curious to hear actual responses from those who have bought and installed these fans...:dunno:

:usa:

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The DC Performance write up is pretty convincing, however is there any actual customers that can attest the performance/cost relationship of this modification?

I am going to W/M injection soon and was curious to hear actual responses from those who have bought and installed these fans...:dunno:

:usa:

I'll be installing mine soon. I got it to help while on the track since I have an FMIC taking up some of the incoming air.

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
***? I even sent a message to DC Performance asking them to reply to my post almost 2 weeks ago.

Doesn't inspire much desire to buy the product when I can't even get a couple simple questions answered about it.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
***? I even sent a message to DC Performance asking them to reply to my post almost 2 weeks ago.

Doesn't inspire much desire to buy the product when I can't even get a couple simple questions answered about it.

Dan can also be reached by phone at 310-841-6996. Before you knock DC Performance, try giving them a call first.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I suspect that the info (# of blades, cfm, attachment, etc.) may be the sum of the research that went into his kit. Maybve he doesn't want to give away his secrets?

Ted

EFI-1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very enticing mod. DC, how much does this set-up add (weight-wise) to the car? I am definitely interested.

Also, does the front fascia have to be removed to install this?

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Excuse the fact that I did not see your PM, I apologize. Please feel free to call me at the shop and I can get you the information you need. In the past, we tried everything possible to cool these cars down at the track, bigger radiators, lower thermostats, modified water pumps and pulleys. The problem ended up being airflow related. With these fans and a duct under the fascia, the problem was resolved.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone installed this cooling mod by DC Performance and, if so, please post your results here. I may be doing this mod before summer arrives. I'm curious when do the pusher fans come on? Are they tied to the factory fan meaning they come on at the same time? Or do the pusher fans operate at a different temperature range vs. the stock fan? How is it all hooked up is my question, I guess. :)

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone installed this cooling mod by DC Performance and, if so, please post your results here. I may be doing this mod before summer arrives. I'm curious when do the pusher fans come on? Are they tied to the factory fan meaning they come on at the same time? Or do the pusher fans operate at a different temperature range vs. the stock fan? How is it all hooked up is my question, I guess. :)

I installed this setup last year on my turbo car. Mainly because my FMIC hogs a little air to the rad. I have been very happy with the results. My relays were wired into a toggle switch so I can manually turn the fans on whenever I liked. When on, I could actually see my temp gauge go down a bit.

I typically ran mine on very hot days in slow traffic. Sometimes I would run them on the track as well.

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The front fascia does need to be removed to install this fan kit.

Each fan is rated at 1100cfm at 13V/ Two fans are used.

We usually wire them so they both come on with the low and high factory fan relays.

The custom aluminum fan mount fits to the frame crossbar with rivet nuts.

The package comes with relays and wiring.

For extreme race applications we change the thermostat to a 170, reprogram the engine controller for a lower temp cycle and duct the radiator better.

We have sold many of these, for those who have tried it, please chime in.