Gen 2 Cup Holder

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I am buying and there are 2 identical cars, I'm buying the one with a cup holder already cut. Saves me the work of doing it when I get the car home.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did mine the other day. I cut down one of the Walmart cupholders and covered the rough edges with black duct tape. Looks like crap sitting on the bench but halfway decent installed and very stable. I also have the MGW holder on the console door but I can't reach it when I'm driving.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe someone would cut a $700 part for a cheap cup holder.... if anyone else is thing of doing this please PM me and I will trade you your arm rest for one I have that has a crack (something worth cutting rather than a perfect one).

I think I am going to do it just because you are a ........

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did mine the other day. I cut down one of the Walmart cupholders and covered the rough edges with black duct tape. Looks like crap sitting on the bench but halfway decent installed and very stable. I also have the MGW holder on the console door but I can't reach it when I'm driving.

hey v10enomous, i like your modded mod :2tu: looks like it fits much better

i have the same holder and before i start cutting on it can you provide a few more details please :eater:

it looks like you reshaped the support and added a string "tension support",

what would you do differently if doing it again?

maybe a couple more pics of the after

(i'm trying to not have to cut 2 of them to get what works best)

thanks bro

hiss highness

Enthusiast
Reaction score
figure it is just easier to take out the passenger seat and put in a mini fridge, what good is one drink anyway, or put a mini keg next to ur nitrous bottle

hiss highness

Enthusiast
Reaction score
or if ur gonna cut ur console why not put something in place that may look better like a leather fairing pocket from a early Goldwing, at least u could utilize the dead space fully with some style,

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who eats and/or drinks in their viper? No eating/no drinking/no problem.

Bugman Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Given all the mods people do to these cars that can cost tens of thousands of dollars, people sure do freak out over a $700 console :omg:

Personally, I use the type that clips into the window channel, have been sice my first car way back when. It just sits behind/under the seat when I'm not using it, and doesn't intrude into the passengers seat like the Wal-Mart holder does.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You people are all morons.

Take a dang holesaw, and select the size that will match your favorite cup, and drill a few holes in the top of the console where our elbow normally sits. It wont look like some aftermarket bracket or holder hanging there, it wont jab your side on a a track corner, and you can likely get 4-5 holes in there meaning you can have a few drinks on the go! :)

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could always do something similar to the MGW cup holder, Get a piece of 3 inch plastic pipe and attach it to the inside of the OEM glove box lid with some small L brackets or Superglue?