Gen 2 Dry Sump

wellis77

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Splitting time between Grand Rapids, MI and Zurich
I'm dropping a Gen 2 in a non-Viper application and am going dry sump because oil pan clearance is an issue. A lot of cost for engine location but it will be worth it. I'm building my own system and I'm trying to collect as much information as possible. I'll be modifying the stock pan, similar to what Pace Products in the UK used to do (no longer offer the Viper conversion), and will be locating the oil pump on the passenger side with custom mounts off the oil pan in order to maintain the A/C. Two things I haven't figured out yet is how to eliminate the stock oil pump and where on the engine to bring the supply from the pump. Haven't found much info yet and the few places that offer kits aren't too forthcoming with helpful information, really don't blame them though since I'm not looking looking to spend $3500-$5500 on a kit.

Are either of these two items discussed in the service manual? If not, is there any information on the web about doing this? I've done some searches here and the alley but haven't found much helpful, may be searching the wrong terms though. I have most of my system figured out, just working on the design of my tank. Any help is appreciated. For the record, I haven't opened up the block yet. Maybe I should have first, it may be real simple, but thought I would research what needs to be done before I do that. Thanks for any help.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have also been looking @ systems. I never even got a response from Pace, @ least I know they aren't making them anymore which is what I figured. I did find another company besides Dailey ($5k+ for a kit) called Aviaid. I messaged them and got this response:

We have produced a 4 stage setup for the Gen I & II engines. We are currently revising the sump, and while it is not our #1 priority we are making progress on it. I will get you some details and photos of what we have done in the next day or 2. And try and get you a timeframe as we have had several inquiries over the last few months.

Regards.

John Schwarz
AVIAID Oil Systems

Another person asking them for a system wouldn't hurt the production timeline. I did talk to the Dailey guys @ the PRI show. If you don't wanna wait this is def. the kit to get it's just expensive as hell.

OP
OP
W

wellis77

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Splitting time between Grand Rapids, MI and Zurich
I connected with Daily but $5,500 isn't in my budget. I sent an email to AVIAID for details on their kit but I may have to call. I spoke with Pace and they are no longer building their kit but the guy I spoke with is trying to find details on what they were building into the kits at the time. When I get details back from him I'll be sure to post. Specifically, I want to see pics of the mods they made to the inside of the oil pan and the baffle. Their kit was nice, just wrong side of the engine for me. When you get details and photos from AVIAID be sure to post them. I'll give them a call as well. The Dailey is definitely the way to go if a guy can afford to do it; billet pan with oil pump built in, hard to beat that.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke with AVIAID six or seven years ago and got similar results. I should drive by their place and see what's up one of these days. I think you guys are right, no one's going to build a kit when only one guy is asking for something.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte