Gen 2 Suspension Bushing interchange

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since this subject has come up repeatedly over almost three decades, I thought I would provide some verified user data for all to benefit from. The only ones I have yet to verify are the rear upper wishbones.

When replacing rubber bushings on a Viper, it is CRITICAL to follow the Service Manual procedure for preloading the suspension and torquing various shock and wishbone bolts. It makes a HUGE difference in the handling of the car! Don't worry too much about nailing the frame heights, as long as you have the ballast placed properly.

Attachments

• Viper Gen 2 Wishbone Bushings.JPG
    Viper Gen 2 Wishbone Bushings.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 26

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Sounds scary! (Like I could mess it up!):eyecrazy:

OP
OP
GTS Dean

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Helps control rebound. I've tried it both ways back-to-back and the SOTP difference was not insignificant.

Looks like our cars are extremely similar except for your heads & cam and larger rotors/calipers. I've done a good bit since I listed my mods years ago.

Last edited:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Helps control rebound. I've tried it both ways back-to-back and the SOTP difference was not insignificant.

Looks like our cars are extremely similar except for your heads & cam and larger rotors/calipers. I've done a good bit since I listed my mods years ago.
I did the heads and cam myself, (with a Cloyes Hex-a-Just timing kit) and Dan Cragin did the headers and tune. Oh, and I put all new hubs on when I did the StopTechs. Mods are addicting! At 22 years and 70+ thousand miles, I'm looking at restoring the seats, doing some paint correction..How long have we been doing this? Seems like ages!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21