Gen 3 drag slick choices?

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might make the move to a Gen3 coupe soon. I did a search here but didn't see any definitive info on what the easy slick choices are, like whether I can use Gen2 wheels & DRs on a Gen3, or...?

Anyone ?

Volltage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to go to a 18" wheel to get any drag tires, and for that to fit on a Gen3 you need to get the E-Brake relcate kit for the 18"s to fit. Only 1 choice for the stock 19"s those are the Hossier R6.

OP
OP
F

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I already have an extra set of OE '99 rims and BFG DRs. So I guess I'd just need the Ebrake relocate kit to use them on a G3.

Who makes the ebrake relocate kit?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can get it from Parts Rack. Not expensive or difficult to install (once you figure out the orientation).

Good luck. Is this a replacement or addition?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I already have an extra set of OE '99 rims and BFG DRs. So I guess I'd just need the Ebrake relocate kit to use them on a G3.

Who makes the ebrake relocate kit?

I don't think stock gen2 18" wheels will fit even with an e-brake relocate. I believe it will still hit the gen3 caliper. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

OP
OP
F

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can get it from Parts Rack. Not expensive or difficult to install (once you figure out the orientation).

Good luck. Is this a replacement or addition?

It's definitely a replacement if it happens at all... :cool:

Then I'll be pestering you for Paxton intall info !

I just was reading on the G2 forum there weren't many red '99 GTSs made. Might be easy to sell my <10K mile GTS come Spring.