Gen 3 Pedal Adjust Switch bezel (kinda long )

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,

This a two part post.

On the way home from the Vipers invade Niagara trip, my pedal adjust switch started only working intermittantly. By the time we got home, the switch had completley failed and the bezel that holds the switch had broken from me fiddling with the switch so much.

I took into the dealer for that as well as a couple of other minor things, ( I have a Chrysler max care warranty) and leartned that the switch is cheap and available, the switch bezel is only serviced with the knee bolster to the tune of $500.00 +-. Chrysler says it wont cover the knee bolster casue its Cosmetic, but agrees the switch should not hang by the wires out of the hole in the bolster due to a lack of a bezel to hold it in but wont do anything to remedy.

The bezels are somewhat of a known problem in the fact they are made from ABS and the screw holes used to mount the switch have very thin walls and are known to crack out when the screws are installed. I have examined over 2 dozen cars of varying years and noted that most are either partially or completely cracked. I 've even looked at salvage yard bolsters and noticed the same thing.

Dave (rest his soul) had begun to market a a billet aluminum pseudo replacement but it was very expensive.

My family owns a plastic design and manufacturing Co. We sat down and redesigned the switch bezel to eliminate the weak spots, and changed the material that the switch bezel is made of.

the first protypes are out of the mold and work great. A couple of tweaks are needed on a couple of dimensions before full production.

The best thing is that they will look and fit just like the originals and they will come with a lifetime warranty against breakage. This will be a great alternative for dealers and their customers.

How many folks have experienced this problem of bezel breakage?

Please PM me.

thanks

Steve A.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve-I have not experienced the problem, but I have seen posts by others who have. Nice to know there is going to be a good fix available! I drive a lot, and I adjust the pedals frequently on long trips. I have been hoping the problem would not occur. Thanks for posting.

Bill

Last edited: