Gen-4 Guys... possible reasonably priced tuning solution...?

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan,

Need you to clarify this question. If running a head, intake and exhaust upgrde with the stock VVT cam, are you saying you might be able to get another 25 hp out of it AND get rid of the crappy tip in throttle response?

Did I mention I hate the Gen 4 throttle response?...lol

George

While I have yet to prove this given that nobody has built a stock engine car with a big name EMS to my knowledge, given the results we have had on stock head Gen-4 Conversions with cam profiles that would be close what could be done with a G4... I think its just a matter of time before it can be proven.

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to keep NA and go for max power that route so def in on this!

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep... me being a poor builder and tuner is exactly why I have no customers complaining all over the internet about everything I do, and why people drop jaws when they see how we build vs others. I have worked plenty hard to make sure "My **** don't stink". There is a difference between having customers running around spraying the air freshener 24/7 to make sure all anyone smells is roses regardless of the stench... and just not having to do so in the first place. We don't hand out air fresheners here :cool:

So far as my reply to you, it actually was a legitimate reply with a bit of levity and disbelief, but... Face it. What you asked is akin to me putting a car up for 50K, and you coming alone and saying "I will only give you 50K if you throw your house into the deal too". The only reason you are so upset is that I drew attention to exactly how ridiculous your request was... which only required doing little more than putting a flashing sign around the correct solution, which you surely already knew the price point of, but didnt want to hear about. You are asking for MORE than what most standalones come standard with, on a system HALF the price, that is not even a full stand-alone. This was already gone over a few posts above your initial post, where it was already explained that Cam Control is Pectel and Motec territory at this point.

I don't give a crap how great you think you are. If your going to talk to a potential customer like that I don't give a damn if you have it away for free I wouldn't take it. I can assure you, you have lost a customer with me. I will be looking else where for a tuner.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't give a crap how great you think you are. If your going to talk to a potential customer like that I don't give a damn if you have it away for free I wouldn't take it. I can assure you, you have lost a customer with me. I will be looking else where for a tuner.

Ummmm..... it doesn't exist for the Gen 4. Hence the topic of this thread. We should be glad that somebody is actually trying to develop something. This will certainly improve the resale / modification value of the Gen 4 cars, if it works out.

You guys play nice. :)

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dallas Performance is looking pretty good at this point. Customer service was great, price wasn't too bad.

This was just the push I needed. I'm going to arrange it on Monday for my GTS to get a full TT build.

Monday I will see what they can do for me on my Gen4 for bolt-ons.

Consider this a big F-U Danny boy.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simply put YOU ARE A *****. Dan has done more R&D for the viper community than any other builder out there. On top of that his work is second to none and service is exceptional. Funny the other enthusiasts on this site, especially the ones that have been here for a while, can't stand idiots like you who have no idea and just talk ****.

Go away far away. There are other forums where someone might value your bull****.

Dallas Performance is looking pretty good at this point. Customer service was great, price wasn't too bad.

This was just the push I needed. I'm going to arrange it on Monday for my GTS to get a full TT build.

Monday I will see what they can do for me on my Gen4 for bolt-ons.

Consider this a big F-U Danny boy.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Viper Grenade, PLEASE go to another tuner. You are exactly the kind of explosively ridiculous customer I do not need. You might want to look up the definition of the term "hypocrite". On one hand, you are saying how highly I think of myself... and on the other, trying to explain to me how highly I should think of you, and how much I should care that I "lost" you as a customer. "How dare he not firmly latch his lips onto my backside! He should cater to ME, I am the CUSTOMER!" Sound familiar? Newsflash: You weren't a customer before, and with your ridiculous requests and out-of-proportion attitude, you never would have made it to being one. The simple fact that you blew one laughable comment into a multi-post attack just goes to show how mature you really are. I wish you all the best in your build, with whoever it may be.

I am glad to see there is SOME life around the forums these days, regardless of what form it happens to take...lol

PS- Thanks Tom, DPViper and NineBall. And Will... you are sure spending a lot of time creeping on this thread. I see you :rolaugh:... If you want me to put your name down on the list, just say so ;)

Oh... and On Topic.
I had a new idea today... and it didn't even hurt that much :lmao:

If I can make it work, it will make my previous take on this solution all but archaic by comparison- I see some absolutely incredible potential with this latest iteration. Stay tuned.

That being said... who has Gen-4 that would volunteer to be the first for prototype development at a discount? I do not have any truly "straight Gen-4" cars around here that will ever see the light of day for modifications, and my own test car is simply not "Gen-4 enough" to test on any longer. No time frame is specified at the moment, but someone remotely close would probably be a bonus.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper