Gen 5 Viper

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, the only thing I will say and I believe most everyone will agree is that the above two sketches had much nicer rims than the VOI11 car. I am trying to remember what I saw on the clay model, but my mind is not what it use to be. I get small flashes here and there, however those UGLY rims on the VOI11 car stand out like crazy. Can't wait to see the real thing so I can Control-Alt-Delete all those old rims memories. Man I hope those puppies didn't make it to the real car. We will get laughed right out of the show at that point. That or they will have the hand out puke bags before the unveiling.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, the only thing I will say and I believe most everyone will agree is that the above two sketches had much nicer rims than the VOI11 car. I am trying to remember what I saw on the clay model, but my mind is not what it use to be. I get small flashes here and there, however those UGLY rims on the VOI11 car stand out like crazy. Can't wait to see the real thing so I can Control-Alt-Delete all those old rims memories. Man I hope those puppies didn't make it to the real car. We will get laughed right out of the show at that point. That or they will have the hand out puke bags before the unveiling.

There will be 3 different rim options on the new car.

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang man that looks sweet!!!!
Unfortunately wifeee wont let me get another :(
Just have to live with my GEN3 :) whohoooooooooooooo

Just saw this image for the first time:
You must be registered for see images attach

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GEN5's will NOT be called a "Dodge Viper"? It will be a "SRT Viper" under the new vehicle line designation?? Marketing....:slap:

Dodge Nameplates 20% off....:D

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Dodge in any way, shape or form awards this honor to Pro-Chrysler Dodge here in Colorado, I will lose it. Worst dealership I have ever known of any dealership, any manufacturer. They screwed me royally on my new Jeep SRT8 purchase and never honored one single claim against my factory warranty let alone the 7 year Maxcare they sold me. I will never buy a new vehicle or anything from them. Very, very dishonest.

Dodge needs to wake up that this is a major problem that needs to be addressed in numerous places including the situation here in Colorado. They can produce a great car, but if there is no service, warranty and treatment for the owners, they are not doing to do very well overall.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can understand keeping the lid on pics before the unveiling, but why on earth would they reveal it at the NYC auto show? Frak, it's going to be built here in Detroit, why can't they reveal it here??? It's the only car truly "Imported from Detroit", their 200 isn't even made in the D, the Dart isn't made in this state, and the 300 isn't even made in this country. Don't tell me they don't have a working concept ready by now, it's months away from being built for crying out loud! Chrysler whips up the Dodge Dart from nowhere just months after teaser pics are reveal for a car no one knew about and it's already being shown here. But the most anticipated car in years is going to be revealed at the third most metro-****** city in the world (except the manly NYC Viper owners of course). I'm just hoping this whole NYC reveal is a cover-up and we get a big surprise this week. Then I'll have respect for Chrysler.:mad:

Blue Harvest, here's to hoping, Return of the Mamba!

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those sketches look similar to the Gen II. Hope the new Gen V looks more exotic and less muscle car. IMO what made the Gen II so desirable was its' combination of raw looks and power. At the time 450hp was tops. Currently you have a nissan with close to 600hp (not to mention a mustang). If the Viper goes back to a similar version of the Gen II design it better have off the charts hp(800+) for it to be appealing to me. Otherwise why buy it other than to get an updated version of a mid 90's car.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In reference to comments that the Gen V will be different from what you saw at the VOI preview, here's what Ralph just said two days ago:

Where is it being designed?

Here. In Detroit. It’s done, the design has been done for over a year and half now.

Read more: http://rumors.automobilemag.com/det...viper-srt-and-style-100265.html#ixzz1jCHo9Cbk

So it's likely not to look much different if he's telling the truth.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NYC is Chrysler's best selling territory, they unveiled the Jeep there and it's done pretty good. The NY auto show has been lacking in recent years and for the gen V to show up there? Oh man, the place is going to be nuts. Plus the slew of other rides, 2012 is a really great year to go to NYIAS.

--RS

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like the Coupe and the ACR to produce downforce without wings, etc. Ferrari seems to do ok... .
The coupe does. And no ferrari produces even close to what the ACR does in down force. Show me a ferrari or hell any road, production car that produces over 1000 lbs of downforce without a wing? Hell. make that any car...even a race car. I'll wait right here.

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm very surprised there haven't been any pictures of complete mules yet. The C7 has already been snapped in the wild and it's not due for another year. Dodge is keeping this one buttoned up tight.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like the Coupe and the ACR to produce downforce without wings, etc. Ferrari seems to do ok... .
A 458 would get destroyed by a current model ACR on a road course. The wing doesn't bother me, but it has a bad rap because of all the ricer cars using them. Instead, lets make a few rules. One of them being you can't have a rear wing if you have a front wheel drive car.....

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
x2!!

Love the 5 spokes!!

x3. Keep some aggressive variant of a 5 spoke option and I'm in. I am going to keep my Gen 3 as it is the end of a breed, but I am getting a new one. The question is, how long will we have to wait to actually take delivery?

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The question is, how long will we have to wait to actually take delivery?

In the latest issue of Viper magazine, Ralph said production begins in the 4th quarter of 2012.....so Spring 2013 is soon enough for me. One thing that could speed up my purchase would be a coupon program.

Bill

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couple points:

1. The Gen V should have been introduced at Detroit, where the home and heart of the Viper are located. This cloak and dagger stuff is getting a bit old... .

2. The ACR produces downforce at speed. I believe the coupe has "reduced lift" and not downforce. If someone has the exact answers, it would be good to see!

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To start with, if you don’t already have a Viper, you can forget buying one. And you’ll need to be a loyal member of the Viper owner’s club. That’s just to be considered as a potential buyer.
http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/11/10117058-new-dodge-viper-to-debut-in-ny

Looks like the article was updated.

Ordering the new Viper will be open, but preference will be given to loyal members of the Viper owner’s club.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Couple points:

1. The Gen V should have been introduced at Detroit, where the home and heart of the Viper are located. This cloak and dagger stuff is getting a bit old... .

2. The ACR produces downforce at speed. I believe the coupe has "reduced lift" and not downforce. If someone has the exact answers, it would be good to see!

From a previous chat with SRT,
"The roadster aero package makes about the same downforce as a base coupe (roughly 170 lbs at 150 mph). The coupe aero package makes about 600 lbs of down force at 150 mph. The ACR makes 1000 lbs of DF at 150mph."

Search is your friend.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Shooter!

The figure on the Coupe is really quite amazing--60% of the downforce of the ACR. This has not been my observation at HPDE events. The ACR appears to have "night and day" different road-holding ability from the Coupe--for instance on high-speed banked oval turns and high-speed flat sweepers.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Shooter!

The figure on the Coupe is really quite amazing--60% of the downforce of the ACR. This has not been my observation at HPDE events. The ACR appears to have "night and day" different road-holding ability from the Coupe--for instance on high-speed banked oval turns and high-speed flat sweepers.

You mis-read. The "Aero Coupe" has a giant wing, but it's not as aggressive as the ACR. The normal coupe is only 150 lbs of downforce.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21