Gen II aftermarket top question

Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking of purchasing a Gen II RT (2000 model). What is the weather factor on the three piece hard top? Does it leak? How about wind noise? I spoke with Jeff (via email) he says "It's no Lexus" and a drop of water every now and then may happen. Really appreciate his honesty. I would probably go with the one piece top (I'm vertically challenged and would not need the seat lowering kit).

Viper 55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To further Bruce's question, will the one piece fit in the truck? Will the three piece fit in the truck? I own a 2000 RT/10 and Jeff's custom tops look great. Will the one piece leak any water?

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My top has been pretty tight, however, in really hard down pours I have had some drips, however, I think I need some adjustment.

Viper 55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
99 R/T 10, thanks. 3 piece it is!! No sense getting a hardtop if you can't bring it with you in case of rain.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I despise the look of the 3 piece top but darn if it isn't the most convenient, cleverly-designed hard top out there for the GenII. The function alone is worth it.

Viper 55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered my 3 piece top from Jeff yesterday for my 2000 black RT/10. Jeff's a good man who cares about his product. I liked dealing with him.

The RT/10 has an awesome look to it without the top; but with Jeff's top, in my opinion, it gives the car a bodacious look! I love the look and love to see creative additions to this already beautiful line of vehicles.

MOPAR4EVER!

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the Autoform top for my Gen1, and I really like it. Although it doesn't fit in the trunk, I found that I never used that feature of my soft top. It was either on or off, never sitting in the trunk. Instead, the Auform gives it a look like a GTS. It's not the same as a hatchback, but it's pretty darn close. I've been asked a number of times if it is a GTS when the top it on. It seals mighty fine, and that's with Gen1 clip in windows.

Also, it allows a heck of a lot of headroom in the car. My rollbar is above the sport pad by 1" and has plenty of clearance.

For me, the top is like having a 2nd Viper.

Timmer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I ordered my 3 piece top from Jeff yesterday for my 2000 black RT/10. Jeff's a good man who cares about his product. I liked dealing with him.

The RT/10 has an awesome look to it without the top; but with Jeff's top, in my opinion, it gives the car a bodacious look! I love the look and love to see creative additions to this already beautiful line of vehicles.

MOPAR4EVER!

Good choice - you won't be disappointed. You will be amazed at the workmanship and the new feel and look the top will give your car. Enjoy!

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm thinking of purchasing a Gen II RT (2000 model)...I would probably go with the one piece top (I'm vertically challenged and would not need the seat lowering kit).

I was told that the one-piece is only available for the Gen I and Gen II can only be had in 3 piece. I also was thinking about the one-piece but it doesn't look like there's a choice.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have a soft top that you feel comfortable using for around town...then go with the 1 peice...I did and have no regrets...I can have it off the car in under 2 minutes and be back in the car on my way...and at...uhemm...decent speeds, it is fantastic. But the look is of course personal preference. The other day though I did get cought in the rain :( at 80mph over a 50 mile stretch, i had 4 drops of water get in the car...that was it!!! :)

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you have a soft top that you feel comfortable using for around town...then go with the 1 peice...

Once again:

To: xxxx
Sent: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 1:43 am
Subject: Your Website in a Google Search

HA!
Thanks, Jeff. Good point. Anyhow, we only make the one piece version for gen 1 Vipers. We only have 3 piece for gen 2. Thanks for your interest.

Viper 55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got and installed my three piece hard top on my 2002 Graphite RT/10. Paint match and quality is superb. Install was easy (had to call Jeff and few times and was great on the phone) and the final product and look is outstanding. Thanks Jeff!! Look forward to many years of use. Well done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte