Gen IV Window Regulator

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If SRT is aware of the problems with Gen IV window regulators why don't they recall them...I paid 94k for my 2008 Viper and both of my windows started to falter within the last year. Should I have to pay the dealer $2000 dollars to fix a defective part? I would love for a SRT rep to respond to this thread!!!

It had previously been mentioned that a fix for the window regulator/ body module problem was in the works. That was quite some time ago. What happened? Why does the window regulation on my 2009 Challenger work flawlessly and the system on my 2006 Viper requires frequent attention. Was a different vendor used for the regulator/body module in the Viper?

SRT Tech comment A - There was a change made to the window regulator in the middle of the 2009 Model Year to improve the support and durability of the window regulator. It was the same vendor. The production part number for the updated regulator is 04865610-11AF.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The gentleman I purchased my car from bought the extended warranty. $100 out of pocket to fix. Is buying an extended warranty out of the question for you? My docs showed this warranty was only another 2-3K covers 7/70. Cheap in comparison to buying a few regulators. GL.

khomes7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the extended warranty and the person I purchased the car from paid a little over 2000 for it. Worth it for the 7/70 for sure. Transferable for 50 dollars.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive been kicking around an extended warranty. I have 1 week until mine expires. LOL. The only dealer I spoke with offered some company that got horrible reviews on google. I passed. Does everyone get the Max Care Warranty? Who did you get it from?

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ive been kicking around an extended warranty. I have 1 week until mine expires. LOL. The only dealer I spoke with offered some company that got horrible reviews on google. I passed. Does everyone get the Max Care Warranty? Who did you get it from?

Give Chuck Tator a call/PM. He can set you up. He set me up last December. :2tu:

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is they will replace it with the same crapy part they will brake sooner or later Im on my third unit.

OP
OP

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is they will replace it with the same crapy part they will brake sooner or later Im on my third unit.

I know that the part is falty....the question is should SRT or dodge issue a recall on this part? Almost every 2008-2009 Gen IV I have been around has had an issue with this defective part. The fact that dodge changed the part in the middle of 09 shows that they know the window regulator is defective and prone to fail. Dodge (SRT) should recall this part and correct the defect.

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know that the part is falty....the question is should SRT or dodge issue a recall on this part? Almost every 2008-2009 Gen IV I have been around has had an issue with this defective part. The fact that dodge changed the part in the middle of 09 shows that they know the window regulator is defective and prone to fail. Dodge (SRT) should recall this part and correct the defect.

Wishfull thinking. Dodge/SRT has no plans to own up to their design mistake. It's pretty obvious.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala