Gen1 aluminum radiator?

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which one is the best, in terms of properly fitting/drop-in replacement, and actual increased cooling capacity.

I checked the archives, and there appear to be 4 choices: Fluidyne, Ron Davis, Alan's Performance, and PWR (?)
The Fluidyne sounds like it has fitment issues, so I'm ruling it out.
The Ron Davis appears to fit well and have no issues; same with the one from Alan's Performance.
The PWR was referenced in one post as a good fit; it looks like it's from ebay. It's probably the same one as one of the others, but I have no idea which one.
Any preference of one over the other? It looks like I will need to update the cooling fan to a '99+ assembly, and change out the connector, which should be pretty straightforward. Will the Gen1 Roe hoses I already have be re-useable, or will I need to order new hoses as well?

Thanks!

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as you dont have an early GEN 1 (1992-93), you'll be OK. With early ones, there's a whole lot more to change.... Like fans, radiator support/shroud...

I have Davis.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
THE YEAR MATTERS....

Neither your post nor your profile shows the YEAR...and I cannot find you in our OR-VCA list because NO NAME in post or profile...Call me?

Generally, 80%+ of those running modified at Viper Days-VRL are running RDRRs (Davis)...Viper specific....not some Mustang hybrid or Fluidyne Bad-Fit.

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I obtained the Ron Davis Aluminum radiator from JonB, (Parts Rack), last summer.
It is a PERFECT bolt in fit; NO MODIFICATIONS. You use the mounting studs from your stock radiator. :2tu: :2tu:

Oh, 1996 RT/10 (Gen1)

Later,

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
obaa996 said:
It looks like I will need to update the cooling fan to a '99+ assembly, and change out the connector, which should be pretty straightforward. Will the Gen1 Roe hoses I already have be re-useable, or will I need to order new hoses as well?

The upgrade to a '99+ fan is a good, maybe needed, upgrade; I did mine years ago. I'm not sure if the Ron Davis has the fan stud locations for the original fan or not; remember you use the original studs to insert into the Ron Davis radiator. Also, if your hoses fit now and are in good shape, they will fit.

Later,

OP
OP
O

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys!
I ended up buying the Ron Davis radiator and 99+ fan assembly for my '94. JonB was good enough to add the necessary connector adaptor to the order; thanks Jon! I think I should have it all within a week or so.

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
obaa996,
You will be very happy, and remember if you need some help, JonB is just across the river from you (he he). :laugh: :cool:

Later,

ViperRed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Gen1 93 model one, and had to change the fan when replacing the radiator!

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Alan's triple pass is the ticket. Top quality stock fit. You won't find a better made product.