Gen1 Battery Died and Viper in lockdown mode

Lexciting

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Situation:
I had a radio installed in my viper this Sat and the battery drained during installation. I purchased another battery (Sears DieHard Gold) and installed. The lights started flashing with the alarm set display flashing. Hit the fob Unlock and no cigar, lights still flashing. Finally, they stopped and when I hit the fob again, no chirp confirmation so I change the batteries with fresh ones. Try again, still no chirp confirmation. Turn the key and hear the fuel pump (as usual) prime, so I turn it over. The car starts then shuts off after a sec. I believe it is the alarm in lockdown mode. I check the fuse box and all fuses seem ok, outside of the #10 slot being empty.

I searched ******* the VCA and found the thread about the OFF-ACC-OFF-ACC procedure, but that isn't working for me. Car still shuts off. So my questions:

1) Does anyone know if slot #10 on a Gen1 fuse box suppose to be empty? I am hoping the radio tech took it out. Is this the alarm fuse slot that is suppose to be 25 instead of the 20 fuse? I have a service manual and can't seem to find the #10 slot description. Is that an alarm fuse or just a spare fuse holder? Strange that it was empty, whereas every fuse slot around it was occupied by a fuse.

2) Brand new battery in both car and alarm fob, the car starts for a sec and shuts off with alarm set flashing for a sec, and the fob does nothing in terms of unalarming the system. Is my assumption of alarm lockdown, feasible? :dunno:

Thanks in advance for those that chime in to help

Lee

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Feel free to call me.

P.S. MY 1994 Service Manual shows fuseblock slot #10 as "empty".

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Lexciting

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Steve-Indy - All fuses are OK (pulled each and checked). new battery in FOB but still no response from car. Car still starts (1 sec) shutdown.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang