Gen2 Floormats...

khariV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive got a 01 Yellow RT/10 and I think Im finally ready to take the plunge and get some floormats (yes, I know, dont even both giving me a hard time as to why I dont have them yet...)

Ive been doing some searching on these forums for what people have gone with. I think I like the look of the SnakeOyl tapestry mats - they look a bit nicer than the NCal VCA mats (and both are of course better than the factory ones - ick).

Anyway - does anyone have pics of what these mats would look like in Yellow and Black? I'd like to get some first hand opinions before I go ahead and order them in what might be a dreadful / clashing color.

thanks in advance
khariV

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Fred,
Would that trunk mat work for the RT (01) without a tire in the trunk? From the pictures it appears to be GTS only?

Reaction score
Hi Don,

The mats are for the RT and GTS but without the spare tire there is no mat support in the spare tire well which means they will likely droop into the tire well.

Of more concern is the absence of the spare tire as it is a functional part of the hear crash system.

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Fred,

Unfortunately, I have a few bottles that would have to be removed to be able to put the spare tire back in :(

Arch Viper

VCA Member
Reaction score
khariV,
I, too, have an '01 RT/10 in yellow and just purchased a set of floor mats from U.S.Speed.
http://www.usspeedonline.com/page/U/PROD/LM-Viper

They did not offer a trunk mat when I was looking, but after talking to Rick there, they had me send them a template and they made me a trunk mat. Fits perfectly and I am very pleased with the quality of their stuff. As stated in Fred's post, if you don't have your spare in, there is no support for a trunk mat anyway.

Our other RT/10 has the Snake Oyl mats (which are very nice), but the trunk mat looks like it was made for a GTS and does not fit well at all. The main difference between the two is that on the Snake Oyl the emblem is actually inlaid carpet pile and on the USSpeed, the emblem is stitched on, but other than that, I feel they are pretty comparable. The pile on USSpeed is 5/16", can't find SnakeOyls hight.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960