Gen2? Must read this. Thanks Jon B. I

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[h=2]Gen2? Must read this. Thanks Jon B.[/h]
I purchased my 99 GTS several months ago, and the first (only) problem I had was the door got stuck open. After jiggling it closed but a piece of spring steel fell out. What I later found out, it was the "detent spring" that holds the door open while you enter/exit the car. For months I had the door closing on me while I was trying to get in or out. I asked around and was told I had to replace the entire hinge assy. WRONG!!! This is where Jon B comes to the rescue. Parts rack sells a spring kit that allows you to keep your hinge and just replace the spring. Looks a little intimidating but it took less than an hour.

If you have a Gen2 this is probably broken on your car too.

I was going to take pictures but it is so obvious it wasn't neccesarry.

Call Parts rack Jon B. he has what you need! (even if you don't know you need it)​

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try ordering parts from Jon on a Monday and not have an existing account....:D I could feel the veins bulging on his forehead over the phone hahahahaaaaaaa

OP
OP
M

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try ordering parts from Jon on a Monday and not have an existing account....:D I could feel the veins bulging on his forehead over the phone hahahahaaaaaaa

Always something sarcastic or negative to say. At least you are consistent. :rolleyes:

GTSHolgi

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just ordered a complete new hinge... I might be trying to fabricate a replacement spring by myself once I have removed the old hinge and can play with it. I already have a piece of spring steel in the same width and thickness that "just" needs to bent and cut to the OEM dimensions. I know, that exactly this is the culprit... ;-)

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always something sarcastic or negative to say. At least you are consistent. :rolleyes:

I've never NOT ordered my parts from John. Do I follow you from thread to thread giving you my opinions on what you say? Put me on ignore or ****.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper