Gen3 Paxton -vs- TT

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thinking about an upgrade for my '06 Coupe.

Purchased new from Woodhouse with Paxton, Corsa, Quaiffe w/ 3.55 gears, I've basically done nothing to the car in 20k miles of troublefree driving but change the oil and add gas. I don't really beat on the car, and probably drive it tamer than most.

Any difference in durability and reliability between let's say a UGR (or other) TT 93 tune ~1000 RWHP motor and a DLM (or other) Paxton doing like 925 RWHP?

I would imagine the motor build would be similar with the same forged internals, good fasteners, heads, fuel system, etc. Anyone running one of these combos that's 100% reliable?

I would hate to look back and wish I hadn't taken the next step.

Thanks

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean Roe is doing TT builds now. Phenominal numbers and reliability as always. Customer service ratings are through the roof.

As for the choice between the two, TT will put down bigger numbers than that S/C. TT build plus engine work will run you a few thousand bucks more at least than the S/C with the engine work.

What are you main concerns? Is it reliability? Will you be racing or just street driving?

:usa:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if i had a choice id go TT and full build is needed.

same power at less boost and less strain on the engine and crank snout. engine builds differ. make sure to compare notes. each tuner has their preference for parts and how its built. be prepared to PAY if you are going to build it right.

DLM, UGR, Heffner, ART and DC are the only tuners id trust personally.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two ugh tt builds. One a gen 2 the other a gen 3. All i have had to do is change oil. I have beat the crap out of the gen 2 with no problems. A bargain twin turbo will cost you twice as much as doing it right the first time. To be honest, it's way cheaper to buy a completed car vs doing it yourself. My gen 2 has every upgrade there is and it would sell for around 80. It has 80k+ in upgrades alone. That's on the extreme end buy you get the idea. Could probably buy a nice tt build for 65ish off the right person

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4