Gen5 Heads and cam package release info

Reaction score
Gen5 Heads and cam package release info
The specifications and pricing for the Arrow/ Viper Exchange H/C package have been released.

Camshaft specification:
• Fixed billet camshaft core – 5160 heat treated
• Arrow Custom Grind
• Intake lobe is 234 duration and 0.617” valve lift
• Exhaust Lobe is 242 duration and 0.617” valve lift
• 115 LSA with a +1 degree advance
• Production 5 tooth timing wheel in Gen V position timed in lock pin position

Spring:
• Stock spring will not permit over 0.600” lift so we went to our race proven dual spring that is micro polished
• Permits 0.700” lift
• Higher load to control the spring up to 8400 rpm – required as we are running tight Piston to Valve clearance
• Requires custom spring seat, seal, and retainer

Cylinder Head:
• Increased Intake valve size from 2.080” to 2.125”
• Increased throat size and port volume (297cc / 105cc) on both the intake and the exhaust to take advantage of the increased lift and duration
• Increased flow of about 20 cfm at 0.617” lift.
• New Steel valve with back cut for improved air flow\

Lifters:
• Low travel hydraulic elite link bar lifter (0.050” total travel vs. 0.120” total travel from production)
• Required for Piston to Valve clearance control
• Fits in production machined cylinder block

Pushrods:
• One piece chrome molly thick with tapered ends to fit the current gasket and clear the cylinder head
• Stiffness required for valvetrain control (Piston to Valve)

Thrust Plate:
• Double disc ground CNC machined out of a billet of aluminum bronze plate • Oil slots machined to oil the chain and the sprocket interface
• Proven over the last 5 years in all of our racing applications

Oiling modifications:
• Custom billet plug inserted where the Oil Control Valve was to control the oil to the Front Camshaft journal and the trust plate

Calibration:
• All of the same features OF the Track Pak #1 off-road controller
• Elimination of the VVT system – Software is all developed for Lock – Pin position.
• EXTREMELY CRITICAL TO DO THE LEARN FUNCTION FOR EACH APPLICATION! (tooth error is critical as the window has no room for accommodating edge stack up error).
• DO NOT FLASH ON ANOTHER CAR AND THINK THAT THIS IS GOING TO WORK!!!! MUST BE ON THE CAR WITH THE ENGINE!!!!!!

Performance on the Engine Dynamometer:
• Flywheel horsepower 738 BHP @ 6200 RPM
• Flywheel Torque of 689 Lb-Ft @ 5100 RPM

Parts package $10,991.03 without exhaust if you have your own or you can add a full ARH exhaust for $3000 additional.

Installed pricing at one of the 3 dealers may vary slightly, but all parts pricing will be the same. Heads and cam cores need to be returned to Arrow Racing to avoid core charges, they must be packaged and shipped without damage to avoid the core charge.​

Last edited:

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the Gen 4 pistons really that week? I have a 2001 "cream puff" stock bottom end that has been living at 909 rwhp with striker heads/cam/paxton for 4 yrs.

I cant see doing a heads/cam pkg on a gen 4 being too much power for cast pistons, or is it that the gen 4 pistons don't have the required valve reliefs for the cam?

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
Are the Gen 4 pistons really that week? I have a 2001 "cream puff" stock bottom end that has been living at 909 rwhp with striker heads/cam/paxton for 4 yrs.

I cant see doing a heads/cam pkg on a gen 4 being too much power for cast pistons, or is it that the gen 4 pistons don't have the required valve reliefs for the cam?
It is all about the cast pistons, there have been engines with damaged ring lands from just headers before so they are being safe and over all you are already in there to the cam so why not do it all at once and save the potential problems? With anything though you can take that risk if you choose, the guys at Arrow have seen it happen though that is why they developed the pistons for the ACRX cars.

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
Since this has fallen off a bit just resurrecting it. We have done 13 of these Arrow Racing heads and cam cars now and they are the real deal, 740hp after break in is complete. You can look back on some of the cars here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Woodhouse-Motorsports-Division/167968157736 if you like and if there are any questions please don't hesitate to call me.

Thanks,

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
740 HP x .85 = 629 rwhp (est.) Correct, Mark?

Seriously, no 2 dynos are the same so looking for that number means nothing. You have to know a baseline on that dyno then and after dyno to know the correct math to get you back to crank numbers. The dyno we use shows new cars at 510-515 rwhp where others are seeing 540... not apples to apples so I don't quote rwhp numbers. We are all using the same parts and tune from Arrow so the numbers you will see at the crank is 740, your dyno rwhp numbers may vary. I have had Arrow dyno one of our builds to see what real was. On a green new engine the HPT was 722, with 2000-2500 miles you will gain 20-30 more at the crank.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave